• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S T72M1"LETS ROLL"

Re: TERRY'S T72M1"HULL OF A DEAL"

This weekend I worked on the upper hull which was a snap to build. I added wires for the headlights and mesh and PE to ther rear deck. The rest of the work was painting. I started by painting the hull Dark Green. I then shaded the various panels and other areas in lighter shades of Olive Drab. I then put on a coat of future clear coat. When dried the whole thing got a black oil wash. Next steps will be to dry brush with light shade of Olive Drab then another coat of clear. Here are some pictures of the progress. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC06142.JPG

DSC06144.JPG

DSC06143.JPG

DSC06147.JPG

DSC06149.JPG

DSC06150.JPG

DSC06151.JPG

DSC06152.JPG

DSC06153.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S T72M1"HULL OF A DEAL"

Thanks Laura!! Man I have got to quit taking pictures late at night. These are not very good. :blush:

Re: TERRY'S T72M1"PROGRESS REPORT"

First I hope these pictures are better. Second I have been working on the turret and boy does it have some wicked seams to fill. I had to do a lot of sanding to smooth things out. After the sanding I had to re-texture some of the turret, but at least the seams are gone. I also did some more panel shading, dry brushing, and a little chipping on the upper hull. I knew it wouldn't last, but I have found some details that I will have to add. :geek . Ok here are some pictures and thanks for looking.

Terry B)

DSC06155.JPG

DSC06156.JPG

DSC06158.JPG

DSC06160.JPG

DSC06157.JPG

DSC06159.JPG

DSC06161.JPG

B)

IS that a big gun or what??

Looks like you whipped dem seams really good Terry.

:popcorn

I love that movie. Can quote most of it. Swing low sweet...... More snitzingrubin???

Baby, I'm wiped out on those snitzingrubin. I am not a machine!

:mpup

Expect total hijack of this thread now..

Baby, I'm wiped out on those snitzingrubin. I am not a machine!

:mpup

Expect total hijack of this thread now..

"Baby please I'm not from Havana"

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"

"What's going on in the clean world"

Makes me want to paint something green!

It's a real challenge to give a single color any depth. I'm still not sure I'm satisfied with it yet.

:hmmm

Back