• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S T72M1"LETS ROLL"

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Here is my start up post for RED STAR RISING. This is just my second Russian tank so we will see what happens.

Terry B)

DSC05392.JPG

DSC05393.JPG

DSC05394.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S T72M1

Nice choice Terry. The T-72 was one of my options as well as an entry but my adviser recommended the BTR-80 instead.

Joe

Re: TERRY'S T72M1

Looking forward to it. Gathering references now.

;)

Re: TERRY'S T72M1"GETTING STARTED

In an effort not to throw my Perdu project against the wall I started the T72. Being a Tamiya kit construction should be a easy thing and so far it has been. I plan to do this mainly out of the box, but I can't say that I won't add a few things here and there. I have started with the lower hull, just like the instructions say to do, and completed it. Here are some pic's and thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions are welcome. This will be my first modern Russian build.

Terry B)

DSC06123.JPG

DSC06126.JPG

DSC06124.JPG

DSC06125.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S T72M1"WHEELS AND TRACKS"

Went to the bench last night and did all the wheels, sprockets, and the tracks. Thank you Tamiya for those poly caps. I assemblied everything to check alignments. I will take things apart to paint. Here are some progress pictures and thanks for looking.

Terry B)

DSC06127.JPG

DSC06128.JPG

B)

Tamiya rocks...so does Terry. :popcorn

And what is that, a bladder buster ice tea?

I can see you (Terry) making what you have now into an all terrain vehicle for the SciFi Campaign (I almost wrote GB again). So many people replace those tracks but they look fine!

Regards,

I can see you (Terry) making what you have now into an all terrain vehicle for the SciFi Campaign (I almost wrote GB again). So many people replace those tracks but they look fine!

Regards,

Yeah I think the kit tracks look great. They are a little stiff, but I think I can make them settle down with the hair dryer set on hot.

;)

Looking good Terry. Maybe I should dig out the old Tamiya T-10 and do another one for this campaign.

Joe

that's great looking terry! somehow that modern soviet stuff is very attractive!

Hi Laura and thanks!! Yeah they look low to the ground and very mean looking. Lots of interesting surface detail.

B)

Back