• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tasca M4A3E2 Jumbo Cobra King

Big-John

This is the Tasca M4A3E2 Jumbo with Archer Fine Transfers Cobra King markings.

I'll post a series of pics to show where I'm at up to date.

100_0163.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0229.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0645.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0686.jpg

Very cool. Those tracks look brutal to build, but awesome together. Where the damper springs too short on this kit? I see you added a couple of disks to them. Really like the looks so far (y) (y) (y)
James

HI James and thanks for the comments.

I guess I should elaborate on the shims a little. The piece of black foam you see is what Tasca provides to create a working suspension. You have to cut 3 layers of that foam, and then stick it inside the bogie housing. I opted to cut spacer shims instead and do away with the working suspension.

Thanks, John

Edit: By the Way James, the tracks are Panda Plastics.

Awesome! :notworthy :notworthy

Could tell us a little about the weathering steps?
I’m not real good at explaining things, but the weathering was done with AK Interactive.

Model was painted with Model Master OD, then given a coat of Micro Satin. I then used Mig Dark Brown wash for a pin wash. Flattened out with Testors Dullkote.

The rest of the weathering was done with AK interactive.

Colors used are

Filter for Nato vehicles. Dark Streaking Grime. Dark wash for green vehicles. All applied in subtle layers.

Hope this helps and thanks for looking!

Hey John,

That looks great! I have heard the Tasca Jumbo was a really nice kit. I haven't seen it yet, but you've done it justice. I love the subtle weathering. Excellent! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Ahh gotcha, I looked again and realized I had looked at but not seen the marking and weathering. WOW. That is fantastic. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Every time I build aftermarket tracks, Panda or some other, MrsG announces that she'll "be out shopping while I have my fun"

Smart woman there.

;)

G

Talk about mentally drained. 312 pieces that had to be cut from the sprue and cleaned up, then assembled. And that’s just one side!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bad thing is that I already had about half of one side complete up until yesterday morning.

They are fully workable, I got one side fitted late last night. I still need to adjust the tension and get that top run looking a little straighter. Now I have to start on then other side.

I’ll fix the smashed light guard after tracks are fitted.

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

Back