• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Charlie Still Don't Surf AH-1G Early

Thank you Bob, Paddy, and John! I appreciate it.

Gary, thank you. I don't believe it's too late, most of that sounds like an easy fix. I did it that way because that's how the instructions said to paint them. I can do the colors you mentioned. Just to be sure, what particular shade of light grey color would work best on the hubs?

@centaur567
Pondered this while cutting the grass today.
All USA choppers are named for Native Indian tribes, Iroquois, Apache, Chinook and so on. How did the Cobra miss this?

Thank you Bob, Paddy, and John! I appreciate it.

Gary, thank you. I don't believe it's too late, most of that sounds like an easy fix. I did it that way because that's how the instructions said to paint them. I can do the colors you mentioned. Just to be sure, what particular shade of light grey color would work best on the hubs?
Maeby a dark ghost gray. Hope this picture helps. This is the first Cobra in our unit the get teeth. Notice that the canopy has a blue tint. Gary S.
001.jpg

Gary, thanks! I'll get on that fix. It almost looks like the verticals are either white or bare metal from the light reflecting off them. I wonder if that is the case? The blue tint is awesome; I remember reading that one of the first upgrade to the Cobra was the introduction of tinting to cut down on the glare and heat of the sun.

Bob, I agree; that is a great picture!

By the way, do I get a ribbon or are these too late? Do we have a ribbon for this campaign?

Back