• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-47D Razorback "Miss Second Front"

errains

Heavy Metal Modeling
Staff member
Its time to get my ducks in a row...or should I say Razorbacks.
I have decided to seriously try my had at an wingy thing and my choice is...
P47MSF_01.png

I'll use Tamiya's 1/48 scale kit with only a few doodads added. As of now the baggiest issue is the decals sheet...mainly trying to find one. I know that Zotz makes the sheet I'm looking for but am having problems finding one to buy. So if anyone knows where I pick one up from or maybe be willing to trad/donate the left over markings from a previously project that would be awesome. I'll order up the Kit and them doodads here in the next couple of weeks with a start date in January 2024.

Thanks for Stopping By
:victory:

I'm still confused why my 1:32 Zots didn't have the artwork, like I said my dumb ass probably sent it to someone but i do wonder if I bought an incomplete set.

Its time to get my ducks in a row...or should I say Razorbacks.
I have decided to seriously try my had at an wingy thing and my choice is...
View attachment 164157

IAs of now the baggiest issue is the decals sheet...mainly trying to find one. I know that Zotz makes the sheet I'm looking for but am having problems finding one to buy. So if anyone knows where I pick one up from or maybe be willing to trad/donate the left over markings from a previously project that would be awesome.

Last one and not cheap ($20.90USD + $10.73USD for Shipping to US):
Hannants Link for Zotz ZTZ-48037

Some photos of this aircraft but note that the serial is incorrectly mentioned as 42-75325 but should be 42-76323

Without nose art on the fuselage but on the bombs:
1702259534292.png

1702259568919.png

Nose art... more like cockpit side:
1702259608774.png
1702259618289.png

1702259632953.png

How interesting, sitting in front of the same farm house. Has underwing insignia on both wings. Notice that it has the bubble canopy in the crash photo. Has underwing insignia on both wings.
Wonder if that building still stands.

Notice that it has the bubble canopy in the crash photo.
The Malcolm hood may have come from those used on the Mustangs. @errains, something to consider?

The hood can be found in Falcon vac-form collection 1/48 Set No. 3 'World War II Fighters but it is for the Monogram kit. Squadron 9598 also has one for the Hasegawa kit.

If doing so, note the 'frameless' front of the Malcolm hood.
1702265042566.png

I was wanting to call it Malcom hood but knew that was P51 related, they were interchangeable, Jug and Mustang had same canopy rails and dimension? Or did they just take the idea and apply it to the Jug frame?

Nice choice. First time I've seen a Malcom hood type canopy on a P-47. Learned something new. Gary S.

Thanks everyone for pointing these sheets out and Thank You Pup!
I did notice the Malcolm hood but I think I'm going to stick with the straight up Razerback canopy.
Now for the next question....what is the tracked vehicle in the photo below and where can I find one in 1/48?
P47MSF_05.png

:victory:

.what is the tracked vehicle in the photo below and where can I find one in 1/48?
I'll be the first of multiple answers you'll get.
You can find it in the Monogram B24 kit. Pretty neat addition, also comes with a bomb trailer.

I think Hobby Lobby has this kit cheaper than the decals. :lol:

I bet someone does have that spare somewhere. I don't know what the official designation for the tractor is, I'm sure @RichB or @Sharkmouth will be along any moment to tell us.

Woof...the sprue shot looks ruff. Not sure about that, will give it some though :hmm:
What the plan for "Chicken Bones"?

Because I really don't want to work today did some googling

Wonder if any one is printing this out. The one in the B24 kit is really basic.

Why start working now?

There is a 1/48 kit from Ot Vinta!. A link to a build review of the kit, OT VINTA M2 Cletrac. It may be difficult to get because it is from Russia.

I did find a 3D model of one you can download and print your own, for a mere $159.00.

Cheers,
RichB

Back