• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-47D Razorback "Miss Second Front"

Wonder if any one is printing this out. The one in the B24 kit is really basic.

There is a 1/48 kit from Ot Vinta!. A link to a build review of the kit, OT VINTA M2 Cletrac. It may be difficult to get because it is from Russia.

I did find a 3D model of one you can download and print your own, for a mere $159.00.

There was one from Viking Models (evilBay seller Pathfinder 44) printed in various scales but... not seen. As for the Russian one, good luck getting that resin kit! Note, the builder mentioned a lot of warped parts and the need to add his own details.

Viking Models one piece 3D printed tractor.
1702480983563.png

The frugal way is to update the tractor from a monogram B-24 kit. Click image to see build including fuel trailer from ancient kit...
1702482473027.png

There is a seller on Shapeways that has a printed model of the M2, Bill's Models M2 Cletrac. You can buy the digital file for your own printing pleasure or the printed model. Shapeways has a sale on until 15 Dec, 15% off on purchases up to $199 (code 15FLASHSALE) and 20% over $200 (code 20FLASHSALE).

Cheers,
RichB

I thought that was a good challenge Bob so i took it up.........

View attachment 164216 View attachment 164217

Here is the house today with a tree rather than a P47. :) unsurprisingly its in France as the P47 has invasion stripes on the under side

Good job Paddy, I started looking the other day but I had to get back to work. I was looking at the airfield in England first. Streetview let me drive around the old base. :rotf

I did notice the Malcolm hood but I think I'm going to stick with the straight up Razerback canopy.
If you have the kit and change your mind, let me know. I believe the Malcolm hood is in a few kits I have as a spare. Yours if you cover the postage but I will check the fit to the Tamiya Razorback Thunderbolt first.

As for the vehicle, you have plenty of Tamiya 48th scale kits to choose from if the tractor is too much trouble.
1702657942183.png

I'm in a holding pattern until the 25th, if a get gift card or cash I'll use that. No matter what I'll pull the trigger soon after Christmas.

...and Thanks everyone for posting here. I think I'll pass on the tractor and maybe pop for the fuel truck instead. Still milling over the Malcolm hood but I'll let know :shark:
:victory:

Back