• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's Jeep Willys MB

"Road Trip !!"

Perfect Bob... nailed it !! - Just realised I'm praising Bobs' comment instead of Laurence's modelling skills. Looks like you have it 'in the bag' Laurence, although if it isn't too late, you may want to adjust the angle of the stowage so it's hanging vertically when the rear end is pointing skyward !!

Just a thought.

Ian

"Road Trip !!"

Perfect Bob... nailed it !! - Just realised I'm praising Bobs' comment instead of Laurence's modelling skills. Looks like you have it 'in the bag' Laurence, although if it isn't too late, you may want to adjust the angle of the stowage so it's hanging vertically when the rear end is pointing skyward !!

Just a thought.

Ian

And a very good one Ian - I thought about it myself. First I wanted to make sure the stowage looks good, and, since I wasn't sure about the leg position, angles etc I didn't want to guess. When I get the figure in place I can measure the angle and adjust the stowage accordingly, without forgetting there are two straps on each bag so it won't be 100% "vertical" if that makes sense.

Spot on Ian - bet you've done some judging at competitions in your life :D

Minor update - stone wall in place. This was done using cat litter. Meow baby :laugh:

ha5c6131.JPG

hb9c07d2.JPG

Laurence

Bit of a progress on this one - mostly the terrain and a bit on the figure. Heaps more to do.

The hedges require more trimming, as soon as I put the Jeep on the base I knew it would be a fair bit to chop off.

Lots more to add to the terrain, not 100% happy with the hedges but I will have to ask for your opinion on that - to me it looks a bit ..... :smack

he5579ff.JPG

ha38c65e.JPG

Thanks,

Laurence

Dear Laurence.

Very nice scene...in my opinion,the base must be a darker color...may be black...giving more contrast...anyway you did a great job :good:

Best regards!

Luiz

Dear Laurence.

Very nice scene...in my opinion,the base must be a darker color...may be black...giving more contrast...anyway you did a great job :good:

Best regards!

Luiz

Luiz, appreciate the feedback. The base is a photo frame, can give it a darker coat - that is not a bad idea, thank you for your suggestion :notworthy

Adding a random rock or two that have fallen out of the wall and some taller weeds along the wall will add realism, what do you think? Looking quite like the photo. :good: :drinks

Adding a random rock or two that have fallen out of the wall and some taller weeds along the wall will add realism, what do you think? Looking quite like the photo. :good: :drinks

Definitely, first I want to finalise the grass, the very faint yellow dry brushing, tall grass has been added, not much yet, few flowers too, then add the fallen rocks, then add few more things.

Spot on with that observation Mike (y)

MP - I don't think you can't do this better mate, just my opinion after seeing your work :notworthy

Few more things done - stones, grass, flowery bushy thingies :blink , a rooster and mushrooms too
Frame redone, no longer shiny metal but looking like wood now - enjoy and thanks for looking

h4fe425a.JPG

hdb32935.JPG

Jeep not making an appearance yet, wanted to present the base first

Laurence

Back