• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's Jeep Willys MB

Ready to proceed with straightening the legs - photo prior.

Also some photos showing the stowage being repainted in a khaki colour and raw umber wash - also gave it a coat of testor's dullcote 2 minutes prior to taking the photos so still a bit too shiny - and very smelly :sick:

h2e6f263.JPG

h4159095.JPG

hd313b8c.JPG

h794a5a6.JPG

Cheers,
Laurence

All these nice words coming from people who have way more experience and skills than me are really special, so big thank you everyone :notworthy

Laurence

Ready to proceed with straightening the legs - photo prior.

Also some photos showing the stowage being repainted in a khaki colour and raw umber wash - also gave it a coat of testor's dullcote 2 minutes prior to taking the photos so still a bit too shiny - and very smelly :sick:

h2e6f263.JPG

h4159095.JPG

hd313b8c.JPG

h794a5a6.JPG

Cheers,
Laurence

Showing a lot of character in that Jeep Laurence. :popcorn

Figure has been readjusted using Milliput and inspiration from Luc Klinkers' excellent SBS (my first attempt ever at doing anything related to sculpting - legs are straighter than before - I think the posture is not perfect but I hope it's not dreadful either. Opinions and criticism always welcome :D

hda7e874.JPG

Cheers,
Laurence

Thanks Mats :notworthy

Although the Jeep isn't quite ready yet, made a start on the base. Photo frame with Cellu-clay, roots cleaned, washed and dried. The bocage is a challenge to model, hopefully this going in the right direction. Humbrol matt 29 has been applied to the road for now.
There will be more added - a stone wall opposite the hedges (diagonally) and other details I have in mind, all in due time.
Here's the preview.

h00219cd.JPG

h6bf68c8.JPG

h9c61386.JPG

haf51a7e.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Laurence

Back