• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya's Jeep Willys MB

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
Off we go, my first campaign here - here's the photo

hda04148.JPG

Fingers crossed that it goes well :D :D

Great (y)

I'm building the same one in this campaign :)

gonna be interesting to see what you do with yours :popcorn

//Mats

That's great Mats, we can compare notes :D

I am planning on doing a little vignette with this one, I'll find the photo that is the inspiration and post it tomorrow. There will be some stowage from another Tamiya kit and one or two figures (one more likely but will see)

Good luck

Cheers,

Laurence

Verlinden does a great super detail set for the Willys mate.Plenty of resin an PE to make it look busy,set number:1275.Got one for a build I will do one day. Gunna be :popcorn

OK then, I'm not going to do the Jeep I was thinking about...:rotf

Looking forward to this Wulf :popcorn

Bit more work done on this baby - painted -sort of - heaps more to do but so far so good. Love this little kit.

hc812327.JPG

Olive all over, raw umber with rectified turpentine, dab, don't wipe, old T-Shirt in action,

all as per Bob's SBS in his Masters threads :notworthy

Laurence

Thank you Luiz, appreciate it.

MP - I wanted to do a vignette as soon as I saw that photo. Then I noticed the campaign so why not :D

I think I might call the vignette "Mighty Jack" or something to that effect :evil:

Safety guy :rotf and his boss the Insurance guy working for the General Manager - Liabilities guy?

I'd put them three in a jeep, paint it bright pink and send them for a drive behind the enemy lines :evil: :evil: :evil: On a TOTALLY unrelated matter, I think I might finish it using the "piano wire cutter" at the front B)

Thanks Mike (y)

Few more things done to this one: painted, decals applied - choices there but got it done with the decals corresponding to some Field Artillery Battalion Normandy Summer 1944 - campaign and stuff :good:

Also pigmented the underside, more to be done but coming along nicely. Some filling to do at the rear - not showing in the pics :vmad

h02076ab.JPG

hdc56d60.JPG

h1c228ff.JPG

Thanks for watching, do NOT spare the criticism, suggestions and ideas.

Laurence

Mud looks great! I guess I'm at that stage with my jeep. The silvering of the decals are going to be distracting. They really need to be set down over a gloss coat, don't know what you can do at this point, maybe a gloss coat to knock it down then flat it out again.

Also get some of that mud on the frame (y)

Frame is next for "mudding". Started before attaching the two parts because it's more difficult to put the pigment where you want it with the frame in place.

Silvering - I found a tip a while back on a site I can't even remember :smack

It says that using a VERY thin needle you do some pricks on the decal and then, using softener with a flat soft brush rub it, but gently again. Have tried it before with satisfactory results. Weathering will mask some of the silvering as well, what remains after the "Operation Needle".

Thanks for the feedback though, very pertinent observations :notworthy

Frame is next for "mudding". Started before attaching the two parts because it's more difficult to put the pigment where you want it with the frame in place.

Probably the same approach I'll do on my jeep :drinks

Silvering - I found a tip a while back on a site I can't even remember :smack

It says that using a VERY thin needle you do some pricks on the decal and then, using softener with a flat soft brush rub it, but gently again. Have tried it before with satisfactory results. Weathering will mask some of the silvering as well, what remains after the "Operation Needle".

Thanks for the feedback though, very pertinent observations :notworthy

That may work, sending :zen

:popcorn

Back