• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Wespe Finally Finished!

Thank you, my friends!! After a brief interlude, I have made a little progress. The tracks were washed with AK Interactive's Track Wash, followed by a dusting of Vallejo pigments and a drybrushing of Humbrol on the wear surfaces.

IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6058.JPG

I added some pigments to the floor and glued on the gun and hull.

IMG_6056.JPG

The sides are just mocked up, going to paint the base and highlites in a bit.

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6060.JPG

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

This has been a logistical challenge, trying to sequence the paint and weathering. Glad it's a Tamiya and I don't have to fight the fit too! :laugh:

Merry Christmas!

:drinks

It's looking GRRRREEEAAAATE!

What I like about Tamiya kits besides the fit and ease of assembly is (unlike Dragon many times)the clarity of the instructions and the knowledge of what goes where when.

Cheers

Dear Mike.

...great job on tracks...taking notes on this project...maybe it ´ll be my next one ;)

Luiz.

Cough, hack, wheeze! Dang this is a dusty old thread! I got sick of looking at the Wespe every time I came in the shop and since I am just beginning to see somewhat clearly again, I figured I couldn't hurt this one too bad. :laugh:

I dry brushed some Abteilung 502 Buff on the edges and some of the panels and started some chipping. I'll do more after the filtering.

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6763.JPG

I'll filter it tonight and then be ready for the weathering and chipping. Hope I didn't cause anyone an allergic reaction with all the dust. B)

Looking good Mike.

What are you using for the chipping? Sponge or free hand?

It's a combination of both, Jeff. The chips around the gun were done with a mix of burnt umber and black, the ones on the fenders and hull are the new AK Interactive Chipping Color AK 711. I'm planning a few two color chips after I get it filtered, see how that looks.

Back