• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Gloster Meteor F1 + V1 Flying Bomb

We see these at airshows over here now and in a fast low run straight down the runway its hard to believe that at this time the Navy was still flying stringbags and 7 years earlier the RAF still had Hawker Harts on the front line.

Ooooh yes!! Are you going to have it chasing the V1 Phil?
SA Dave

Looks great Phil!! Are you going to have the plane chasing down the V1? That would be a cool little diorama

Terry

Damn they are great ideas, have the Meteor's wing tip nudging the V1 into a dive........ hmmmmm!

gloss coat is on so so to be finished - but that dio idea is eating at me!!1

just finished the decals on the V1, letting the future dry and next a little chipping then flatcoat.

DSC_4881_v1.jpg

DSC_4885v1.jpg

DSC_4886v1.jpg

DSC_4887v1.jpg

If anyone does this kit do yourselves a big favour and remove that stinking gyro propeller from the V1 - and attach it when you are finished!!!! :vmad

Finished off the V1 tonight, the Testors rattlecan flatcoat went on flawlessly over Tamiya's A/S rattlecan series of synthetic lacquer paint, had an unused aircraft tow link from the Kretten so made up a simple attachment for the V1 cart.

Also tried Tamiya's bottled black panel line accent on some lines which works rather well, it's enamel based and flowed along the lines quite good.
Also thinking that these things most probably petty well pristine as I'm sure they would of been fired off as soon as they were built.

The supplied brush in the bottle is a tad too big for my personal thoughts, so I switched to one of my very fine brushes.

A folded facial tissue was at hand to remove any misplaced accent, and the flatcoat also toned this down very nicely.

DSC_4931xf.jpg

DSC_4940xf.jpg

DSC_4947xf.jpg

DSC_4945xf.jpg

DSC_4944xf.jpg

DSC_4942xf.jpg

DSC_4934xf.jpg

Well, there's something I would never like to tow .

I just wonder how good of a job a painter would be incline to do on a one flight item.

I am also thinking that in such a late stage of the war item might have been manufactured in different locations and thus maybe painted separately ?

Looking really good Phil .

Cheers, Christian B)

ok here's the Meteor with the decals (futured) just finished - future drying now

since these were taken I have done panel line accents using the Tamia product like on the V1.

From the pice in Squadron Signal the Meteor was a clean looking aircraft - the only one I saw filthy was an Aussie one in Korea.

DSC4957d.jpg

DSC4958d1.jpg

A grand total of 4 decals for the underside!!
DSC4962d.jpg

DSC4960d.jpg

I had a mishap with the Y Q on the starboard side, it ripped on the Y repaired it with much persuasion
DSC4964d.jpg

DSC4963d.jpg

DSC4965d.jpg

The Tamiya decals needed hot water to separate from the backing paper - I was constantly micro-waving my water dish for 30 seconds at a time to get these to let go.

They did however go on and settle down quite ok (except for my one user mishap!)
Will flatcoat in a day or two then time to finish this one.

Flatcoated with Testors rattlecan - pushed my luck and did this in very breezy conditions oputside and not much sun - we have lovely rain now :evil:

DSC_5017xf.jpg

DSC_4987xf.jpg

my panel line accent didn't work as I had hoped, the flatcoat toned it down nice and in places too nice!!
DSC_4998xf.jpg

When attaching the gun sight I found that if I placed it as Tamiya's instructions on the kit pit tub, it was BELOW the forward pit frame - line of sight would of been into the nosecone......
I thought at first it was the Pe set that caused this, but all the Pe set did was attach to the plastic IP that has a cutout for the gun sight.

As you can see the kit plastic part - and it has a set attachment point in the nosecone
DSC_3528xm.jpg

I attached it this way
DSC_4997xf.jpg

DSC_4995xf.jpg

DSC_5016xf.jpg

Tamiya shake and bake?
I don't think so
more like drop and burn...

here is the nosewheel
DSC5037k1.jpg

The arrow on the right is the edge of the slot - where the arrow on the left shows the one piece part edge of the gear leg which is supposed to slide into place - Not!

As you can see from this pic you can work out which angle I had to file off to make this slide in
DSC5034k1.jpg

Some Pe detail I forgot about - :bangshead:
DSC5040pe2.jpg

DSC5053pe1.jpg

Gear doors on and a piece of Pe for the nose wheel doors that must be the most flimsy piece of all time - yes it does need straightening a bit more!!!

DSC5055pe1.jpg

And to top off tonight's efforts I was trying to remove a blockage in the top left gun barrel - which decided to let go and disappear into the now sealed nose section :bang head

That's all for now - see you all on the Pe funny farm........... :gogo

Back