• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-90

Only managed a little bit of modeling before I had to stop. Jeff is right some of these pieces are very tiny.

DSC04297.JPG

DSC04295.JPG

Fuel tanks are just sitting as I havent finished them. If I did this again though I would probably glue the tanks to the bracket and then to the tank, not as the instructions state.
James

Thanks.
One more thing for anyone building this. When you get to where you put the hinges on the engine compartment and then a step later put the other side on the door, if I did this again I would snap the 2 sides onto each other and then mount them. Otherwise it is a real pain.
James

Got up early and managed a bit more. Hull is almost complete. Cant wait to start painting.

DSC04298.JPG

DSC04299.JPG

DSC04300.JPG

James

Thanks.
One more thing for anyone building this. When you get to where you put the hinges on the engine compartment and then a step later put the other side on the door, if I did this again I would snap the 2 sides onto each other and then mount them. Otherwise it is a real pain.
James

Looks great, James.

I agree with what you said. There are several steps that you would be better off building as sub assemblies and then attaching rather than building them up on the hull like the instructions suggest. I'm looking right at you, headlights. :bang head

Thanks.
James

Looks great, James.

I agree with what you said. There are several steps that you would be better off building as sub assemblies and then attaching rather than building them up on the hull like the instructions suggest. I'm looking right at you, headlights. :bang head

Yeah the headlights were a 2 day affair. Not thrilled with them. I finally realized there is a second engine hatch with the hinges molded in. Not in the instructions, but I could have used that instead of the fiddly stuff. When you get to the skirts they are not as easy as they seem. I think a 2 piece rather than 3 piece molding would have been easier.

Thanks guys. Having fun.
James

Okay fresh morning fresh look. I finally managed to get the fuel hoses on. They dont look good, but they are on. There are supposed to be 3 clamps "E8". There are only to "E" sprues unless I threw one out, and so only 2 clamps. Primed it and then sprayed the base coat. Tomorrow or sometime this week will be the next cam colour. Next up is to finish the turret as I wait for the hull to dry. Oh and touching up some over spray. Comments and critiques welcome.

DSC04318.JPG

DSC04319.JPG

DSC04320.JPG

DSC04321.JPG

James

Back