• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

T-90

Thanks. Not sure about the magic though.
Well this morning was a :bang head :bang head :bang head morning. Got all set up and started to paint the next colour and after a minute pfffzzztttt No paint coming out. Have air, paint is thinned, 2 airbrushed and nada. :java
James

Cleaned in ultrasonic cleaner. Paint was flowing fine then nada. Field cleaned and still nada. Will have to recheck after I get home this afternoon.
James

i Chuck. They are the new Ammo of Mig paints and water. The green went on no problem. Not sure what happened here.
James

Second attempt. I dont know if its me or a bad batch of paint. The Khaki went on okay. The grey yellow is crap. Thinned the paint so it is like milk and then sprayed a test pattern. Did a few actually. Went t spray the model and no paint. Cleaned the tip and tried testing again. Got it going and tried model and it started spraying nice. Went to next patch and it started okay then splattered. Bit more needle and it pooled. The paint had no constants. Just a fraction of an inch would change the spray from dried splatters to fire hose wet.

I have put this away and am resigning it from this build. Totally frustrated at it.
James

It's not the build James, it's the paint. Try another brand of paint? Have you tried to think the Ammo paint with windex? Maybe add some retarder to it?

I can understand your frustration James.
Maybe you can show us some pictures of the illfated work,so maybe someone can see what's going on,and may have the solution to your problem by just looking at it.

:zen

Greetings,Ron.

Never ever give up James :zen

All these obstacles will make the victory so much sweeter, model on brother :drinks

Laurence

Thanks everyone. Well tried again and I wont say I'm thrilled, but I'm not contemplating it flying against a wall or something like that. Need to add some black patches and decals and then weather. Will be glad when this is finished.

DSC04379.JPG

DSC04380.JPG

DSC04381.JPG

James

Looking good. I just basecoated mine, I am watching this closely to see how well your camo pattern looks since I'll be doing the same with mine soon.

Back