• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Suzuki Overload

tiking

I did something like this over 10 years ago. I figured I can do again, but better. If it is better, I don’t know. but it is definitely better than the first one I did. The scale is 1/24 HC22 Suzuki Jimny JA11-5. The kit is by Hasegawa. The window shield was replaced with a protective glass, used for cellphones. I cracked it with sharp hobby knife. The rear and rear side windows were replaced with thin plywood bought at a hobby store. The roof rack was scratch built. Everything else is a collection of parts from my junk box, like cloth materials, plastic wraps, old rubber pieces etc.

Excellent Charles! Yeah squatting the suspension is something rarely seen in our hobby.
Looks like they got a good camping trip planned. Perhaps the burlap bags up top are a bit clean, it needs a wash or two on them. Love how you got the moped strapped in and refreshments in the front seat.
:tens:

I like the way the suspension is sitting down at the back :)

Had to do it otherwise it won't look right.
Excellent Charles! Yeah squatting the suspension is something rarely seen in our hobby.
Looks like they got a good camping trip planned. Perhaps the burlap bags up top are a bit clean, it needs a wash or two on them. Love how you got the moped strapped in and refreshments in the front seat.
:tens:

Thanks. I thought about it too but I've seen photos of the top areas just as clean. I suspect, its prior to their long journey North through the dusty villages.

Really great! There was a pickup version of this that I almost went to zcanada and bought…really neat!

Yep! I've seen similar ones in Africa, that much crowded or loaded with stuff, that you hardly could see the car.
It looks great!

Just claim it's out of alignment. Bang, problem solved. :vgood: I'm mean look at the rest of the car, it's certainly plausible.

I can just see this thing on one of those crazy one lane carved into the side of a mountain roads in South America! Super Cool!
:vgood:

Back