• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Ford GT40 Mk.II '66

The fittings look good, the stranded wire for the lines, Meh. The smooth lines actually look better. In this scale the only way you could get something to "sort of" look braided might be with some really fine stranded wire fully twisted.
Best wishes on your surgery Greg. Hope it works well and has little to no discomfort. Hope you can get back to building soon.

The fittings look good, the stranded wire for the lines, Meh. The smooth lines actually look better. In this scale the only way you could get something to "sort of" look braided might be with some really fine stranded wire fully twisted.
Best wishes on your surgery Greg. Hope it works well and has little to no discomfort. Hope you can get back to building soon.
My thoughts about the lines, exactly. I mentioned the picture framing wire, which is just what you described. This stuff was flat, which I didn't know until I unpacked it, which, ho estly goes along with the try it before my customers buy it. I am glad I tried it.

I am out of the first surgery, which went well. One to go on Wednesday. Thanks for the well-wishes.

Greg, best wishes on your surgery, doesn't sound fun at all, especially the first round you already did.

I can't understand why a coil wire would be routed to an oil cooler (which looks exactly like the one on a Continental O-0470A). Looks very much like oil system parts. But what do I know about race cars anyway. Though I think I did get a ride in a GT40 once that a friend owns.

I admire your dedication in filling the marks on the inside of panels :) I think i would have gone for a layer of sound proofing material...lol

Last edited:
Greg, best wishes on your surgery, doesn't sound fun at all, especially the first round you already did.

I can't understand why a coil wire would be routed to an oil cooler (which looks exactly like the one on a Continental O-0470A). Looks very much like oil system parts. But what do I know about race cars anyway. Though I think I did get a ride in a GT40 once that a friend owns.
Thank you, the first surgery went well.

Honestly, I am nearly 💯 % sure I have that wrong. I simply can't find photos to show how all of that is routed. This is the photo I referred to earlier, and I see now that two of the lines go through the plate in the floor.
img8028_1_medium.jpg

The joys of race specials. Every team probably had a slightly different arrangement over the years as parts were replaced/serviced.

This is shaping up nicely Greg. I think RB Motion makes anodized fittings for this scale but it appears that you've found something that would work out pretty well. I have a strong liking for these cars. Such beautiful rides.

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I hope that changes right now. I think I have finished the GT. Well, it turned out differently than I had intended. I work HOURS polishing to a mirror shine, and it was pretty. Real pretty. Shined like a new dime.Then, I made a booboo painting some silver on the door handle. I tried to wipe it off. It wouldn't come off. Well, I used a lacquer thinned Tamiya paint for the body. The silver was alcohol based. Alcohol shouldn't mess with the lacquer, right? WRONG! There is a big goober spot on the driver door. SO, what to do? Dirty it up! It now looks like it has ran a 24 hour marathon LeMans race. I kinda like it. No, I really like it; so, it worked out perfectly in the end, yes? What do you think?
20230315_235039.jpg
20230315_235050.jpg
20230315_235059.jpg
20230315_235107.jpg
20230315_235112.jpg
20230315_235123.jpg
20230315_235131.jpg
20230315_235205.jpg
20230315_235217.jpg

After tons more research, the oil lines are my final answer, right or wrong. I "think" they are right, but honestly don't know. I will just leave the hood closed...

Back