• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Truck Overload

tiking

Like my last overload project this one takes things a little further. The scale is 1/35, simply because, I had this vehicle on hand, that I did not know what to do with it. So I turn it from being a military truck to a civilian vehicle instead. This brand of trucks are sometimes used in the African regions so I thought I would use it for this build. I used whatever fits the bill, from old clothing, rubber, tissue paper, plastic, and odds and ends that I had saved in my ‘box of tricks’, to get the job done. I even added a toilet bowl to throw in some interest. The plastic yellow/orange containers are used a lot in many regions in Africa, so I painted and added them to the mix of odds and ends. I want to thank Ulf Lindgren for sending me the containers. These were 3d printed. He did and amazing job with the fine details of the containers. The drawings were provided by another great modeler, Peter Olsson. Thanks guys.

Note. I just noticed, I had forgotten to shave off the thin rubber in the middle of the tyre on top of the cab. Will try and shave it off. Otherwise, it was a fun build. Thanks for looking.

-------

I saw this else where today...and it's still crazy Kool!!!
077aba782bc18b1bd4435b98e10a7582_w200.gif

I'm tellin' ya. Just when I think I've seen it all in modeling....a guy goes and pulls something like this off. There was a LOT of work went into this and it certainly turned out very well. Great job on this build.

I'm tellin' ya. Just when I think I've seen it all in modeling....a guy goes and pulls something like this off. There was a LOT of work went into this and it certainly turned out very well. Great job on this build.

HeHe! Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I decided to put the overloaded truck model in a minimilistic diorama. The plan is to take a photo of the truck from the front and overlay it within a 'Time' or some other magazine-like cover page. This view will be the view the photographer in the diorama, has taken and published as a cover photo for the magazine. I am still working on adding little details here and there and trying to add a figure in front of the truck as well as a ladder and a figure climbing at the rear to place more stuff in the cargo pile. We'll see how far I can take this.
A small note. While trying to move the truck to the present position, the axle broke. 🙁
1635170570737.gif
But I managed to glue it(which gave me some headaches, due to the clumsy pile of things at the rear. It made it harder to hold while trying to glue back the axle. I succeeded nonetheless. So far, I am happy with the results, until I can add the other details.

I managed to manipulate a photo of my truck, on the cover of two Swedish magazines. Looks pretty cool:

------------------------

You could have left it broke and had a diorama showing everyone standing around arguing about why it broke. Make lemonade with the lemons you are given.
It still all looks really good!
BEEP yes sm.jpg

Back