• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Meng Ford GT40 Mk.II '66

You did Ken Miles and Carroll Shelby Proud, Bubba!
It takes an amount of intestinal fortitude to slop up a purty model car. :victory:

Turned out really fine Greg! Sometimes we learn so much more by fixing a fubar and end up with a much better result due to said fubar.

Far out man.jpg

Thank you everyone! I love this car and am pretty proud of how it turned out, flaws and all. I am interrupting your regularly scheduled program to tell you I am building a 1941 Plymouth Coupe for my grandson. He is 3, and came into the store and into the model room, beelined to the car, picked it up and handed it to me. I asked if he wanted me to build it and he said yes. Very specifically, he wants it to be gold.
This model:
images.jpg

to look like this:
gold-car-94.jpg

I know he likes his toys to have opening doors, hoods, and trunks, so I am trying to do that. Never done it before. Wish me luck!!!

Thank you everyone! I love this car and am pretty proud of how it turned out, flaws and all. I am interrupting your regularly scheduled program to tell you I am building a 1941 Plymouth Coupe for my grandson. He is 3, and came into the store and into the model room, beelined to the car, picked it up and handed it to me. I asked if he wanted me to build it and he said yes. Very specifically, he wants it to be gold.
This model:View attachment 158406
to look like this:View attachment 158407
I know he likes his toys to have opening doors, hoods, and trunks, so I am trying to do that. Never done it before. Wish me luck!!!
That's purdy!

Well, making working doors, hood, and trunk is turning out to be far above my skill set! I think I am on my ..6th?...7th try. I have lost count. They always break off when I try to move them. I have tried epoxy, extra strong superglue, and lots of dashed hope. If any of you masters have suggestions on making movable parts, please please enlighten me.
20230325_112915.jpg
20230325_112920.jpg

Well bust my buttons! The doors, trunk, and hood work! Hallelujah. I DID learn that I need to bevel the inside edge of the moving parts so they don't hit the body edge while opening. I did it on the trunk which now moves smoothly. I beveled the door edges as much as I could, but they still bump. I will insert tiny magnets to keep the door and hood closed. The trunk stays closed (and open!) by itself.
20230326_153044.jpg

Back