• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Some progress on the LRDG dio

Re:Bit more work LRDG

Hi there.

It's looking really good there. I have to ask you about the rifle on the right side of the cab. Is that an after-market resin rifle? The reason I ask is because it has the muzzle configuration of the No.4 Mk I Lee-Enfield and not he No. 1 Mk III lee-Enfield. I have never seen any images of LRDG trucks or members with the No.4 rifle. In all the images I have seen the No.1 Mk III rifles were used in North Africa, Sicily and part of the Italian Campaign.

Just curious about that since I have some real nice No.4 Lee-Enfield rifles and would love to be able to give some to my LRDG troops.

Cheers from Peter

Re:Bit more work LRDG

Hi there good point i just had this one kicking around so i thought i would pop a sling on it and put it in the holder in fact i did not realise that they did not use that perticular enfiled rifle will have to look for another good call mate the rifle is one from the masterbox Brit Infantary in Italy not resin just good old plastic in facr the wapons set with is very good detail they have a sten Brens all that kind of stuff.
Thanks for the feed back mate greatly appricated.
Cheers Chris

Hey man , whats up , ........... nice build Chris , nice chipping !!!

The figs. are looking good also , how's the New World Minis ? , cool stuff or what ?

Hi Glen
How you doing thanks for the feed back chipping not hard to do the local authority have been doing the roads with this bloody grit stuff so i have plenty of reference material with the state of the front of my bloddy car lol couple of months and it will start to look like the Chevy Oh Joy lol
How are you guys getting any fishing in miss, the beach thats for sure hopefully Nettie and i will get our backsides across the pond some day.Work has been a nightmare thinking about a career change thinking about re-doing my CP course been speaking to a couple of guys doing it still, to old for the Sand pit,but there is it would appear plenty of work for us old fellas lol lol
Whta projects do you have on the go did you finish the Bridge one with the German beer garden and the barge ?
You all take care
Cheers Chris

More work on the LRDG dio

Hi all

Well i managed a bit more work on the dio,really had a go at my figs as it was frustrating me big time :angry: :blink :S i used a fig from the Minart Brit tank crew and used the head from the Dragon Brit infantary Italy in fact the head was excelent and it sort of came together a lot to do with the sculpting thats for sure.
Iam going to make him a wooly hat out of miliput, the body from the minart tanker had a leather jerkin so i wanted to give it that well worn in the desert faded worn look i made a new strap for the leg holster out of lead .
I have to finish the jerry cans for the stowage box i made on the side of the truck out of plastic card .
I made a cooking drum out of plastic card and a sort of baking tray out of an old bit of phto-etch metal more work on the gun ,have to scratch build a ammo box holder there is not one with the after market kit.
Put spare wheel on the outside of the truck made a holding plate and stuck a bolt on from an old spare wheel in the "i will use that later box".
I scratch built a rigid tow bare which i mounted on the side sort of pleased with it as a first attempt.
Painted up the binocular case and binos more work on the binos regard the sand color, put a cloth on the seat and a bit between the windscreen in fact both bits came out of a packet of Golden Vigina rolling tabbaco seald it up with some mat coat ,in fact there was quite a bit of useable bits and bobs in this pouch lol :) :woohoo: .
Iam going to change the tarp i have another idea anit that way lol yes Glen thats your fault with those pics,loads of stowage to be done .
Hope you like so far ,bit slow though :(

Cheers Chris

dsc04941-2_20100601_1766063183.jpg

dsc04931_20100601_1743881246.jpg

dsc04942-1_20100601_1524303446.jpg

dsc04936_20100601_1599264713.jpg

dsc04938_20100601_1764154320.jpg

dsc04932_20100601_2041760768.jpg

dsc04921_20100601_1074216538.jpg

Looking pretty cool Chris! I am looking for one of these kits now.

Terry B)

Back