• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SOHC Powered Mustang AWB From Hot Rod II

Thanks guys! Progress has been slow of late, mostly smoothing out stuff on the body getting ready to paint and that's not a very glamorous update. I've made some small bits and pieces, will try to gin up some photos tomorrow. Thanks again! :drinks

Thank you, guys! Really means a lot to me that you're taking an interest in this fossil of a build. :good:

There are so many parts missing, I've had to make them from scratch and I've added some bits and bobs from other vehicles that I could find reference photos of. They may not be accurate for the car I'm building, but were used during that time frame, so I'm going with that story. :D

The radiator got a lower tank and filler neck, I'll add the cap after paint, I made a set of exhaust collectors from aluminum tube and the missing header flanges from styrene strip. IO missed filling a couple holes in the front bulkhead, so I fashioned a fuel cool can from styrene tube and lead foil.

IMG_7990.JPG

IMG_7991.JPG

After the collector gets good and dry, I'll shape it to fit the tubes closer.

IMG_7992.JPG

The cool can had fuel line tubing coiled inside and was packed with dry ice before a run, resulting in reduced fuel temperature and gains in horsepower.

The real thing

cool_can.jpg

Eye is giving me trouble the past few days, can't stay at it as long as I'd like, maybe more tomorrow.

Thanks for coming by, check out this groove.

:drinks

Last edited:
You are a very clever Man. :ro:
For YOU, we make a very Special Won-Ton Soup!! :drinks
I never truly appreciated how many parts you make/modify before! :notworthy

Back