• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

So, what are you watching?

Gator

Alright my fellow glue sniffers, as modelers, what is playing on our TVs, laptops and tablets is almost as important as what is on the workbench. So, what are you watching? I just finished the 13 part History Channel series on the American Revolution. Now I've moved on the War of 1812.

Last night I watched the newest Midway film. Over the weekend I watched the Sci Fi channels Dune and Children of Dune. Watched 1917 last week and finished up watching the "Sliders" series. Tonight I will pull something out of my huge DVD Blu-ray collection. Refuse to pay for cable or Netflicks so instead I buy disks and have a huge library now.

Sliders was an excellent series the new Midway movie was very good. I can't count how many times I've seen the original Midway. I usually hunker down for a marathon starting with Tora! Tora! Tora! then Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo, Wake Island and ending with Midway.

I was binging the 12 O'Clock High TV series (all episodes on youtube). Watched 'Greyhound' over the weekend. I thought is was well done, typical of a Tom Hanks WWII film. I don't think it would be well received to a general audience since it sort of relies on knowing about the very small slice of history and how precarious the beginning of the Battle of the Atlantic was. A couple of 'artistic license' bits to tell the story, but pretty solid.

Re-runs of star Trek TNG, Aliens, re-watching Love, Death and Robots, need to finish up the third season of Stranger Things.

I would like to be watching The Mandalorian, Tales from the Loop and the Chernobyl series but I'm too cheap to spring for all the different streaming services....

Disney Plus was offering a seven day free trial, so one could squeeze in all the episodes of The Mandalorian...

We've watched it twice.

We've been watching the TV series JAG, for the 4th or 5th time. We have the whole thing on DVD's. Someday I'll build the Stearman he flies. I have the Revell kit. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Been watching Outlander on Netflix...an interesting time travel type show that switches between WWII England and Scotland and 18th century Scotland....

I was binging the 12 O'Clock High TV series (all episodes on youtube). Watched 'Greyhound' over the weekend. I thought is was well done, typical of a Tom Hanks WWII film. I don't think it would be well received to a general audience since it sort of relies on knowing about the very small slice of history and how precarious the beginning of the Battle of the Atlantic was. A couple of 'artistic license' bits to tell the story, but pretty solid.
A lot of the interior scenes were filmed right down the road in Baton Rouge where the Fletcher class USS Kidd, Fletcher class, is docked. They had to pull some interior pieces from the USS Orleck, Gearing class, here in Lake Charles to complete the bridge.

1594755466038.png

Hmmmm...Not really watching anything much now. If I do watch anything it will most like an episode of "Justified" (the best cop show of the 2010s). I'm waiting for Discovery season 3 and then I'll catch up on Picard at that time. At the bench I'm currently listening to "Nemesis Games", which is book 5 of The Expanse series...its also the best streaming show...anywhere!!. And before going to bed I usually read a couple of chapters in my current read, "The Fated Sky" , book 2 of the Lady Astronaut series. A fun alternate history about Earth colonizing Mars starting in 1961. Other then that I can be found at my bench...Unless there is a HDL.

TV? Nothing much. We have been packing and cleaning and doing repairs to the house in anticipation of selling the house. we listed today and already have a showing tomorrow.

Mostly science programs. I wouldn't normally watch much at all but I've been helping a 95 year old friend having memory problems and TV is good for him.

Hmmmm...Not really watching anything much now. If I do watch anything it will most like an episode of "Justified" (the best cop show of the 2010s). I'm waiting for Discovery season 3 and then I'll catch up on Picard at that time. At the bench I'm currently listening to "Nemesis Games", which is book 5 of The Expanse series...its also the best streaming show...anywhere!!. And before going to bed I usually read a couple of chapters in my current read, "The Fated Sky" , book 2 of the Lady Astronaut series. A fun alternate history about Earth colonizing Mars starting in 1961. Other then that I can be found at my bench...Unless there is a HDL.
Not so fast, my friend! Justified was good, but Bosch is better. Michael Connelly novels are excellent, Elmore Leonard is just okay. Look for Bosch on Amazon Prime.

I watched this about a week or so ago. It is a Russian made film and I thought it was quite good. Got it at Wally World in the bargain bin.

MR1.jpg

Re-watching the Discovery Channels Great Planes.
Just finished the F7U Gutless Cutless and the B-57 Canberra.
Next up the B-58 Hustler series (some have Jimmy Stewart narrating) on YouTube.
Frank

Yeah, I have read most of the Bosch books and watched the first two seasons on Amazon. Titus Welliver has really captured the personality in the books.

I mostly play and replay dvd entire series , Breaking Bad , Dexter , Supernatural , BOB , BOB Pacific , That 70's Show , all the Evil Dead flicks , tons of SciFi stuff , old westerns , hundreds of DVD's . It's mostly for listening/background noise .

Back