• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

She's off to "OFF" the wizard.

Heavens Eagle

I had an epiphany tonight. This is all about doing up something that is out of the ordinary, something different, and definitely not of our mainstream.

In 1939 there was a movie made that the main character was taken to magical place via a tornado. It had "different" characters and was all nice and neat.

"Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!"

h8476abb.jpg

So, instead of Off to "SEE" the wizard, Dorthy is now off to "OFF" the wizard!

WHAT.gif

I picked this kit up at Wonderfest last June and have just been setting on it. Wanting to build it up and take it this June, this makes it a perfect subject. It isn't just different, it is DOUBLE different! Definitely an "Alternate" reality.

Aq-252.jpg

Aq-253.jpg

Aq-254a.jpg

Aq-255.jpg

If I manage to do the paintwork as well as the sample that Garage Kits USA has on display, I will be quite happy.

h7aac172.jpg

hb624885.jpg

I have some minor alterations I want to do (mainly to the ordinance) but more on that later. For now this is a placeholder.

I will post a starter pic with date and time when I actually start her.

No irony there. :laugh: When do we start?

The manufacturer has a full line of paint that has been used to paint the display builds. (which are awesome) As their instruction book references these paints and they look good I will just follow the directions (once I get the paints)

Just for fun here are some of the other kits.

The Scarecrow

h892958c.jpg

h1555f7e.jpg

The "Not so cowardly" Lion

ha8deec4.jpg

Glinda has a different look...

hbbc9d8e.jpg

A palace guard

hfa50aeb.jpg

hfc39c8c.jpg

I have seen renders of the Tin Man and he is quite a bit more intimidating than you would think, and some artwork for the Wizard himself and of course "The Wiz" has a bit different character as well.

Once I get the paints and have a chance to test them out, I will pass that info on. Here is a link if you are interested.

Garage Kit USA Paint Sets.

There is a little Toto in a wicker basket that can be attached to her belt, or just get the separate Rottweiler figure.

hd530326.jpg

You should check out the Halloween Nightmare series they have. Awesome!

WF-2018-092.jpg

All the little kits fit together to make a larger scene. So far there are 7 individual scenes and another is in the wings. They can be found at Garage Kits.US

They also have a large number of hobby paints formulated to paint figures.

Here are these figures.
Frankie and the LIttle Bride
h79b7230.jpg

The Bog Monster and the Pirate
h75f5b45.jpg

The Ghoul Monster with the Space Man
h99969a0.jpg

The Headless Horseman and the Gypsy
h3271e16.jpg

The Melting Man with the kid that stepped in it
h1beef0c.jpg

The Mummy and the Sheriff
h3af59db.jpg

The Shock Monster and the kid with the candy bar
hc143cc0.jpg

Hey Bob, could you move this thread to the figure campaign? Still not sure when I will have enough grit to start her, but need to finish up at least one or two more shelf queens first.

Back