• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Shelf queen KI-46 III Kai

sharkman

Master at Arms
This is one I've been poking at since last spring.

ki434_zps7dfe76fa.jpg

I did add a fair bit of wires and things to the back compartment, tried to show some here but it didn't come out that well.

ki431_zpsb5802e2f.jpg

ki433_zpsf3a6b137.jpg

Front pit

ki432_zps1c859184.jpg

Just got the glass on last night after fighting with the Yak

ki435_zps489f7238.jpg

I'm assuming that is the 1/48 Tamiya kit? How do you like it so far?

Yes, the Tamiya kit. Very nice kit! The only issue I had so far was trimming a couple greenhouse pieces so they would fit. Other than that its been perfect!

I highly recommend it!

Well, cool . At least it's a step nose Dinah . I would hate to be building the exact same thing.

Good start :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone!

I actually like the look of the Dinah with the rounded nose Christian. Looks more areodynamic and sleek. I bought this when Great Models had their close out sale.

How did this become a shelf queen??? Nice work keep it up.

Just got shifted aside from other projects on the go Adam. I know, not really a kit to lay up on the shelf. No troubles with it, just had other things on the go.

Here fiddling with mine . Trying to figure out what Eduard had in mind ( :rotf ) As usualit,s murky at best.

Guess I'll have to buy that crystal ball someday.

Will build the step nose one someday but please keep posting. Maybe I can get some insight.

Cheers, Christian B)

Just a little update....gave this one a shot of silver after some sanding. Might have to go another round though on just a few small areas. The fit is quite good.

but I did get the engines and props done!

It does have some sleek lines to it! It would be fun to do one of these up in a racing livery. I've been thinking somewhat along those lines and I've decided to make this a fictional Australian captured bird. This won't be to everyone's liking but I have a bit of a plan. So, on with the duck egg blue undercoat!

I have some nice extra decals in my decal stash.

Hey, It's good to see this one back.....Just thinking that makes mine a shelf queen as well.

The interior looks quite good in comparison to the 1/72 Hmmmmm :vmad some jealousy here .

Keep up the good work. Should be interesting.

Not sure if you're aware but the bubble version was a very fast airframe for it's time :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey, It's good to see this one back.....Just thinking that makes mine a shelf queen as well.

The interior looks quite good in comparison to the 1/72 Hmmmmm :vmad some jealousy here .

Keep up the good work. Should be interesting.

Not sure if you're aware but the bubble version was a very fast airframe for it's time :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere, probably online. It would have been neat to see one in action!

Yes it is a very nice kit, I built the recce version years ago, and wouldn't mind another a go at it. Very nice work so far.

:v

Ian

It does have some sleek lines to it! It would be fun to do one of these up in a racing livery. I've been thinking somewhat along those lines and I've decided to make this a fictional Australian captured bird. This won't be to everyone's liking but I have a bit of a plan. So, on with the duck egg blue undercoat!

I have some nice extra decals in my decal stash.

:drinks :popcorn

The preshading kinda got wiped out didn't it? I can't ever get preshade to work. Slick lookin' aircraft Warren, looking good. :popcorn

Back