• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 251/17 Ausf. C. Luftwaffe

I've been able to get a little time here and there with this. All I can say is test fit, sand, check and fit again before trying to apply glue. :bang head

Like I said elsewhere, I forgot how hot fresh Tenax7 is and it got away from me around the armor windscreen. That area gave me a fit, I would suggest installing that armor before you install the forward section to the lower hull. I guess I had it bowed in a bit cause I had to shorten the top place for it to fit, oddly the top of the windscreen armor did not have to be changed but I may have it wedged inthere wrong. But it's all in there now and ain't going no where. got some clean up to do around there and touch up the paint. I know it's an odd painting order but that's how my mind has been rolling. :frantic

h38d02e2.jpg

h5af0975.jpg

h7314cc0.jpg

Still lots of stuff to add to the body then we'll move on to the gun. :soldier

Just saw this, there is a sink mark on the upper right rear, last photo. I've looked at this more than a couple of times and now there it is.

:tomato

Want to see this done just neat looking design. :soldier

Thanks Jeff, missed it, will patch it up. Don't know how you armor guys would approach painting this, got so much detail up in the cab that gets buried but later in construction there's a lot of sanding to make things fit. BTW, anyone building this who may read this, I would suggest getting the windscreen armor and that top plate fitted before installing the front upper hull to the body, I got mine bowed in a bit and made all that a bit of a pain to get in.

I got pictures again but just haven't gotten them off the camera yet :facepalm

I'll save y'all the time

:nopics

I'm to the gun now. Really like how this is going together. Tristar did the gun for this and I think this is the first Tristar kit I have built. Lots of opportunity to make movable parts, think when it's done the gun will be movable with the sights linked in with the gun elevation.
\
I'll get some pictures up tomorrow...promise. :mpup

I gotta tell ya. I'm just not feeling the love on this build. Seems everytime I move forward I find a spot that needs attention and have to sand, fill and repaint. Kinda boring me so I"m going to shelf this for a while and do some aircraft that's been naggin' me. :pilot

Here's where I stand now. Kinda blah grey. Nothing going on.
h3b8e617.jpg

h4a6eb22.jpg

h026051c.jpg

ha43af18.jpg

And yep, the doors still work..sofar.

I notice on the instructions for the gun it calls for no glue to be used at some of the links and stuff but, it gives no way of securing those parts without glue. Not sure what's up with that. I guess I need to decide if we're going to be opened up for firing or closed up for travel. Think I'm also dreading the tracks...oh well. I'll pick this back up soon. :soldier

Great, bench time! Bob maybe you should do two models in parallel progress on workbench, I do it often.

All the best! :drinks
Dusan.

I'll press on Luiz, biggest problem lately has been time. Getting 10-15 minutes here and there doesn't make for a good modeling session.

Dusan I really try to avoid that if I can. I have to clear the bench and move to something else. The Eindecker really has me thinking right now, and I want to get to those resin birds also. :pilot

Happens to all of us Bob, you wouldn't want to know how many kits I have in stasis right now. I keep looking at my Eindecker too but after looking at some online builds I have decided that it won't be my first WNW kit, all that rigging scares the crap outta me :S

Now that the Fokker is done I'll get back on this, got a couple of figures to paint also. :soldier

Told ya I'd get back to this. Only took 5 years. Getting back to it means pulling it from the shelf of doom as a distraction of what life has thrown at us in the last several weeks.
Digging this out of the Halftracks II build.

1605922636744.png

Not as far as I thought I was but still pretty stinkin' close.

What in the world! There's fresh paint fumes and wet paint in the garage!
1607207446726.png

Not much of an update but I did break away from everything today and sprayed some dark yellow over the german grey. My though process is I'm going to have a mix up of grey and dark yellow, as if this vehicle started out grey and painted over when that order came out. But it wasn't done well and some replacement parts have not been painted. I don't know if this ever actually happened, don't care...I'm just trying to get back in the swing of things. I'm thinking green and brown tiger stripes camo but nothing elaborate. Again thinking this was a rush job in the field.
:soldier

Back