• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 251/17 Ausf. C. Luftwaffe

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I know what I'm going to do.

Because they had the Friuls in stock (which cost more than the kit :blink )

And I haven't done anything in Grey yet.

Will update as soon as I get it. Y'all let me know what else I should get for this before I get started. :good:

Last edited:
Ok here are some things you could add.

1. Crew.....by Dragon

h9c0ba90.jpg

2. Verlinden radio set.

h63c2bc7.jpg

:D

Just gave one of those away. Wou probably wasted some money on the Fruils as the AFV tracks are awesome and workable if you glue carefully. Also you will want to look for some Herman Goering troops as they are the only ones who used this model. It was a specialty job just for them. And I just gave away a couple of troopies from Sicily/Italy for it also.
Anyways looking forward to watching this.
James

There are several aftermarket Flak38 metal barrels. Brach Models has a small set for the Tristar Flak38 (that is used in the kit) that includes the mesh spent casing bag and a barrel (it's not as nice as some of the other barrels).

Royal model makes two styles of resin ammo boxes and casings for the Flak30/38. TriStar makes a set of injection plastic 20mm accessories. Voyager makes PE and turned metal ammo boxes, shells and casings and a PE set to replace the gun shields.

Cheers,
rich

Good choice! I have this kit and it comes with rubber tracks. AFV Club makes very nice individual link tracks for it. I avoid Friul (because of price) whenever possible.

The best barrels are from Adler's Nest 35027B or LionMarc's. There are many detailing sets out there but new wheels from Bitzkrieg would also spice it up.

Regards,

Great stuff Bob, I have to buy one SdKfz 251 (Dragon or AFV) :coolio ...

All the best!
Dusan.

It came in yesterday, that was fast, Spruebro fast of course. I'll get a startup photo this weekend. :soldier

Speed you say??

I could build like that when I was a kid but now adays I wait for the paint to dry,,sometimes.

Here's the start up photos!

h49e9807.jpg

h0c7554b.jpg

Dang that was fast, since the time I posted the start up photos I got the lower hull built up in 2 steps. This is not Tamiya shake and bake, what I don't like about this kit is the very large and heavy sprue gates on the parts. Hard to tell where gate ends and part begins in some places. Will have front suspesion built tomorrow and starting to think ahead about when to paint.

:soldier

Very cool! :popcorn

edit: I can't decide which 251 kit to buy dragon or afv this topic will help me :coolio

All the best!
Dusan.

If you build this, watch the holes for the part placement. I haven't found but a couple that were the size of the pin.

he6777e7.jpg

had5f904.jpg

And since I got the German Grey out, figure I try and pick up the 8Rad also. :soldier

I can't decide which 251 kit to buy dragon or afv this topic will help me

Dusan, the AFV Club kit is better in almost every way except decals, kit supplied tracks, and road wheels. The decals from Dragon cover more options and are by Cartograf. The Dragon tracks are articulating as opposed to the vinyl set in the AFV Club kit. The AFV Club 'working' tracks, sold separately, are better than the Dragon tracks. The Dragon road wheels have nicer embossed details.

Regards,

Back