• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SdKfz 251/17 Ausf. C. Luftwaffe

Thanks Tom. It is mighty dark. I don't think I'm anywhere close to a final treatment on the paint, still got lots of stuff on the outside to add.

Let's dig up ol' Sven's article about painting Panzer Grey
https://www.modelersalliance.com/component/content/article?id=149:panzergrey-anybody

Looks like we lost a couple of images but we still get the point.

Well here are the pictures I've been trying to post for the last couple of days.. :frantic

hde2dafb.jpg

h93355f9.jpg

h807f639.jpg

I dig that you can build this with the doors working. Tricky assembly but worth the time invested. :geek

Tricky area to get in and sand, lots to fill in there. I guess different versions has stuff stowed up in that corner.

Instructions calls for the fire extinguisher to be mounted on one of the doors, color call out says red. I know that ain't right, what color should it be?

No, definitely not red, my wife even points them out to me at model shows.

I would go with a greenish grey color, could maybe go with your panzer grey,
but this would pop out a bit more.

Tom

Thanks guys. Mats I'll have to check that link later, for some reason direct links to photobuck is blocked but the images are not...beats me..

No transfers for German stuff, I got some US Armor stuff but that'll kinda stick out won't it.

Thanks Mats, I'll check my greys, think I got it. (y)

:rotf Of all the details that could be discussed it always will come down to the fire extinguisher. That's why I paint mine red. Just to piss people off.

Nice reference pic's!

Terry :popcorn

Nice one MP :D

Vallejo German Field Grey - used it before a few times, once dry it's lighter. Applied pigments on some models, made it look even better (I think)

:popcorn

Laurence

Archer has free shipping this month. :good:

On a quick Google search there is a number of colors it could be. From gray, gray/green, blue/gray, German yellow and even red. So everyone has good advise (y)

:soldier

:rotf Of all the details that could be discussed it always will come down to the fire extinguisher. That's why I paint mine red. Just to piss people off.

Nice reference pic's!

Terry :popcorn

I asked while thinkin' of you big boy. :kiss: :facepalm

Back