• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell / Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 K-4 (thanks Phil)

So this is the scheme you're going with?

IMG_3696_zps7b647132.jpg

Good match! :popcorn

Bring that lower color up over the wing root some Paul. :good:

Thank you Ian and to everybody else. I think the fat lady sang, I only have three pieces to put on and Ill do that tomorrow when I can see better. I decided I needed a new backdrop for my pics too. Wha cha think?
Nothing like a plastic table cloth from the dollar store for only $1.00. It looks better to me but then what do I know?

Great work Paul (y)

good idea about the back drop.

And nice little base you have there also.

But I LOVE those barrels! :notworthy

Dear Paul.

...I like it so much...very well done...just inspiring for my G6 in this big scale...thanks for posting :good:

:drinks

Luiz.

Get it in motion, it wont get built unless you build it. Actually, up against the others in the barn its a fairly small aircraft. Thanks for the kind comments all.

Yep good work all around and especially those mg barrels. Not crazy about the background, but that's just an opinion, right ??

Ian

Now that one is one of your best Paul! (y) great build!

Now you know why I rave about and use brass barrels !! :D

Bonza mate!!

Great job, Paul. Especially for going from start to finish in around two weeks.

For the background, If I was you, I would head to someplace that sells fabric and buy a few feet of whatever colors you want. Its pretty cheap especially when you look into the stuff they are trying to get rid of.

Looks good Paul! (y)

The gun barrels look nice but they are sticking out pretty far. The end of the barrels should line up with the faint panel line on the cowl.

Don't worry about the backdrop thing, try taking your pictures outdoors using a natural setting. Indoor pictures of finished models are just too much work for the kind of results one gets from doing that. Sometimes the easy way is the best way. :hmmm

Matrixone

Well, this is all well and good. Don't know where Paul is but I can't think of any place near here that would look natural for that bird :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good Paul! (y)

The gun barrels look nice but they are sticking out pretty far. The end of the barrels should line up with the faint panel line on the cowl.

Don't worry about the backdrop thing, try taking your pictures outdoors using a natural setting. Indoor pictures of finished models are just too much work for the kind of results one gets from doing that. Sometimes the easy way is the best way. :hmmm

Matrixone

Yeah, outdoor pics here would just be replacing the solid black background for a solid white one! :silly:
But at least the light source would be better.

As for colors of backgrounds I was once told it is best to stick to neutral grey colors. It helps the camera to balance the light better.

Back