• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell / Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 K-4 (thanks Phil)

Paulw

After all of the waiting I finally got to get this going. I received this as a Secret Santa gift this year and it was a real toss up between this kit and my He 219. Well I can not locate the missing ip so I will have to fabricate one at a later date. Now this came with some pe radiator screens, fabric seat belts and brass barrels. This will be my first rodeo with the gun barrels but I think I can handle them fairly well.
So here are the pics.

I started with the ip and I kind of got the decals off center but I dont have that much of a problem with that. You know the old saying, you won't see much after the fuse is closed up.

I also bought some A.M. decals for it also. Got these Eagle Strike ones off of eBay for about $12.00 shipped and I have now to select one from the three I like best.

Well there you have it. More later.

O cool. Some neat schemes. Was it the He-219 IP you are missing? If so I can try and get a copy of mine or even send you the part if you need.
JAmes

Yes James it is ip in the 219. Ill get a # when I dig the box out in a little while.

Well, it took most of the day but I finally have the belts finished. These are the Eduard cloth belts for the 109. They look the part too but I must say it is tedious assembling them for sure.

Left lap belt with 5 parts

left shoulder belt

These are fabric but are paper backed with no sticky to them so you will have to use glue in the folds.

Right lap belt with 9 parts

The only thing that has me concerned is the length of the belt I let mine be some what long but attention to measurements will avoid this.

I( have the fuselage closed up and ready for the ip and the pit that is missing the breech cover to the cannon. What I did with that only heaven knows.

So lets see if I got this:

Paul's building this K4, Les is doing a couple G's, Ernie is doing a Nachtjager E, Mike and James both have G6's whilst Dusan has three late 109's on his production line... as for me, I have that E-1, which I've fallen-out with just now, but there's a 1:32 G-14 winging it's way over from the old country as I type this (the decals arrived this morning).

So without trying we have a STGB (Single type group build) of Bf109's going on comprising 11 models... There's another modelling website that I couldn't possibly mention by name that would be so proud of us all !!

As for you, Paul, good progress, I know exactly where you're head is right now, friend... It'll look fantastic when you're done.

:good:
Ian

Moving right along I got the wingy things on and the tail feathers dry fitted. Its beginning to look like some sort of an airplane now. I had some issues with the wing to fuselage fir but that will be dealt with severely tomorrow. I also got another lamp so my pics wont look so dingy.

I wish I could have gotten those ip decals on a bit more straight.

Have gaps here also.

IP is fine, you wont see too much once the windshield is in place. those gaps on the stabs are nowt to worry about, a little fettling of the locating tab will sort it out.

Ian

Its always nice to see one of the big scale Hasegawa Bf 109's being built. :)

As for the gap on the stabilizer try trimming the interlocking tabs a bit and you will get a much better fit. On both of my large scale 109 builds I did this and had a perfect fit.

Matrixone

Many thanks fellas, I got them all under control now and soon the fun part, the ab work.

OK, every thing is going along well, wings glue bombed on as well as the tail stuff. Sanded ans primed, cussed at and just about ready to get paint on. I have a couple of spots that need some attention but they aren't that bad. The extra lamp do help on the pics and since this was taken I cleaned up my area so now I'll loose stuff for sure.

This is getting closer to the end. I shot the colors and I figured I came as close as I could to the descriptive on the decal instructions. There are some pretty neat and varied schemes on this sheet. I find that I really enjoyed this kit and built it just for that enjoyment. Ill be getting the final pieces and decaqls on it this week, maybe tomorrow, who knows?

Back