• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell A-10 Warthog

I would certainly not be ashamed of it sitting on my shelf. I know the Monogram/Revell kit takes a bit of work to get there, but it certainly looks the part in the end. Really dig the camo.

All ordinance and external fuel tank painted and ready to weather.
20230125_092823.jpg

I realize it may not be screen accurate but wanted them more interest looking than the book called for.
Also, based on this photo
220px-23d_Wing_-_A-10_Thunderbolt_IIs_-_2010_pave_penny.jpg

I did a thing.

20230125_093724.jpg

Again with the colored acetate sheet, my circle cutter, and some fly tying resin.
I hope to start the weathering tonight.

Things are looking good Greg but those silver silver tanks (I think they are tanks) are special.. and in USAF words Special means Nukes. Something the A-10 can't carry.

Might help.

Things are looking good Greg but those silver silver tanks (I think they are tanks) are special.. and in USAF words Special means Nukes. Something the A-10 can't carry.

Might help.
The are BLU-27 Napalm bombs. It's part of the kit, so,. IDK. I don't mind leaving them off.

Well that explains the filler cap. I don't think I ever saw one up close so they may have been silver. I put to our knowledge base.

Might help.
I DID add the second red stripe. Chrome and one red stripe was quite boring LOL.

Question for the experts: I want to make the tires look like they are carrying weight. I need to flatten the bottom I know, but do I need to make the flattened area bulge out a little or is it cool just to be flat?

Back