• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell A-10 Warthog

As @moon puppy stated, there is a time to put it aside. Once it is no longer fun, it is not a hobby but a chore.
Thanks! Every one of them has been fun up until this one, so I may set it aside. I know my wife wishes I would.
And I love that you have an Alan Parsons Project quote in your signature!! One of my favorites all time.

Alan Parsons talked about Photobucket sucking??
Oh that wasn't for me.

Grab something fun. The Eduard Hellcat is a nice kit (Yeah, I said EDUARD, what of it...:mpup :smack: )

1671655094607.jpeg

The struts slope up away from the wheel and over the top of the small guard

Walk away even if you get it done you will not be happy giving the guy something thats not your best.

Guys and gals (if there are any!), the magic is back. I whipped the struts into submission I think...
20221222_201021.jpg
20221222_201107.jpg
Not to mention the gaping chasm I cut test fitting a part that I now know DID NOT go where I was trying to put it LOL.
20221222_201202.jpg
As you can see, I have the bomb racks in place, ready for ordinance.
I am using the closed canopy from the Tamiya model to mask the cockpit. The included open canopy is masked and awaiting paint.
I am now ready to prime and look for boo boos to fix. Yay paint!

dangit Saul, I was gonna tell them they were Flapalons :rotf

Love that one photo, someone choked the belly flopped hog just to poke the QA pukes. ::pilot
Pay close attention to the belly landed one... The belly doesn't touch! It is designed to land on the main gear and lower tips of vertical stabilizers. Not even the antennas are bent.
1671840522876.png

1671840565645.png

I gotta live up to my TMI reputation. ;)

Beautiful work Greg! She looks great in black!

Saul, thanks for those TMI pics, I love when you saturate us with that kind of info. I was wondering about that A-10 that bellied in...

Back