• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell '29 Ford Roadster 85-4322 Done!

Revell '29 Ford Roadster 85-4322

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate the feedback. Keep moving forward seems to be the theme of the week, so here's a few more shots of what went on this afternoon.

Test fit of the painted engine, it's snug! May have to finish it in place. :blink

hb46d0b0.JPG

I'm waffling on a wheel and tire choice, I know I want wide whitewalls, but which wheel? Mocking up one choice.

I am experimenting the Wicked Colors from Createx, going ol' skool on the lettering.

h2603c32.JPG

h02dad60.JPG

h131d9ec.JPG

h220deb1.JPG

Brush it on, wait a bit then wipe off the dried paint from the hub cap and presto!

My second and third choices of wheels are buried and I need to buck up and un-bury them!

So while I waited on the caps to dry, I banged the suspension and exhausts into submission.

hd8ed447.JPG

h5c9c536.JPG

More to come, stay tuned and thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Go Mike . I still remember hating white walls when nearly everyone had them ( weather big or small ) > They were a pain in the butt :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate the feedback. Keep moving forward seems to be the theme of the week, so here's a few more shots of what went on this afternoon.

Test fit of the painted engine, it's snug! May have to finish it in place. :blink

hb46d0b0.JPG

I'm waffling on a wheel and tire choice, I know I want wide whitewalls, but which wheel? Mocking up one choice.

I am experimenting the Wicked Colors from Createx, going ol' skool on the lettering.

h2603c32.JPG

h02dad60.JPG

h131d9ec.JPG

h220deb1.JPG

Brush it on, wait a bit then wipe off the dried paint from the hub cap and presto!

My second and third choices of wheels are buried and I need to buck up and un-bury them!

So while I waited on the caps to dry, I banged the suspension and exhausts into submission.

hd8ed447.JPG

h5c9c536.JPG

More to come, stay tuned and thanks for coming by!

Hot diggity. (y)

Thanks guys! Chris,I think these whitewalls will stay cleaner than yours. :lol:

Sweet!

Did you get the firing order right?

Regarding whitewalls, one of my first jobs was a tire installer. Every ticket notated whether the customer wanted the whitewalls facing in or out. For real accuracy, you could face them in since all black looks meaner.

Sweet!

Did you get the firing order right?

Regarding whitewalls, one of my first jobs was a tire installer. Every ticket notated whether the customer wanted the whitewalls facing in or out. For real accuracy, you could face them in since all black looks meaner.

Me too. Still in high school at the time but there were also those that had aftermarket white walls that went between the tire and the rim.

They could be the more popular narrow size or the wide size . :sick: Just an extra work for the owner in my mind .

Black is just simple but white raised letters are just fine too.

Cheers, Christian B)

Good morning! Well, the whitewall idea is on hold until the next build. The only whitewall option Revell included in this kit is done with a decal and since I wanted to use the kit tires, wheels and Buick brake drums, I passed on the decal idea. It might work, but i didn't want to slow the process any. :laugh: Here's where we started this morning, what a pile of parts!

hd6a1676.JPG

had6230e.JPG

More to come, thanks for coming by!

Mike's custom parts Inc . :idonno

Looking good so far Mike .

Cheers, Christian B)

Yep, working with this shiny stuff takes more time. Thanks!

Thanks, guys! I'm back to work, so progress will be slow until the weekend. I saw a couple that a guy built at the show this past weekend and he managed to get the decals on the tires to look good, so it CAN be done. :laugh:

Thanks, guys! I'm back to work, so progress will be slow until the weekend. I saw a couple that a guy built at the show this past weekend and he managed to get the decals on the tires to look good, so it CAN be done. :laugh:

What could possibly go wrong :rotf

Cheers, C. B)

Cool stuff Mike. I don't do cars but I did see an article once where the guy used white out (the strip not a fluid) and rubbed it onto the letters to make them white. Watching with interest.
James

That sounds like a neat trick for raised white letters, James. Thinking I'll try to decal the set I have, I do have a backup kit, so could swap if they don't pan out. It always makes me nervous when the kit includes something that they don't show on two different builds on the box art. Looks like a job for lots of decal set and solvent! B)

Back