• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/48 F-86D - finished

According to this book the D version did use a different seat than the A Version

except the straps I just used everything OOB and it looks quite OK what Revell or Monogram or who ever did here

If the pilots seat was anything like my office chair he would slowly sink during the flight till he couldn't see over the instrument panel....then he would have to stand up, pull the lever so it springs up and start the whole nonsense over again before he landed :)

and on it goes

Making it all black - in this case Revell Aqua glossy

and then make it silver again - in this case Lifecolor White Aluminium

Doing some washes on some small parts

Masking and painting white

Painting the inner areas of the wings - this is Lifecolor Steel - and yes it was masked too

And masking and painting the antiglare - in this case Vallejo olive something, i have forgotten which one

so, this happened this week.
The upcoming two weeks I m on travel, so there won't be hapen anything in here

Thanks for looking in

Thanks a lot, Gentlemen!

so, my weekend is over, it's about time to get everything sorted and then I'm on travel again starting tomorrow morning at 3:30

And thats, what happened friday an saturday evening

A lot more masking on the wing tanks, to have those black lines, the decals didn't do what they were supposed to do

and I coreccted the olive area, as the shape was not correct. The tail fin was also sprayed white with black line

The engine I declare finished, except some weathering to follow

I'll have to take care about those hairs there

ah, yes, I also started decaling - only about 200 more to come

the area at the front of the tanks has to be painted black, this also has to follow

Thanks for looking in

Thanks a lot Gentlemen!

Really?!?! Dave the Chef ??? long time ago ... welcome back.

it is really stunning, one does stick about 100 stencils to a relativly small plane and you hardly see a big deifference

well, this makes me think next time I'll let it be

anyway, it did also get a sealing coat and tomorrow is washing time

Thanks for looking in

Back