• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/48 F-86D - finished

Thanks a lot Gentlemen!

as I said, today was washing day

This is it now for the bird, now on to the base and then declare it finished, but first another week on the road ...

Thanks for looking in

Thanks a lot Gentlemen!
now this is it:
North American F86D-35-NA
445th Fighter Interceptor Squadron
Capt. A. G. Limpantsis
Geiger AFB; Wa USA
December 1954
1/48 Revell

Thanks for looking in

This build turned out quite nice Martin! I do like the different metal shades for some of the panels.

3D-Great Job.gif

Excellent, what is that top coat over the silver ? that works really well.
Thanks Paddy! Well on top of that silver - it is mainly lifecolor white alu - are these levels:
Vallejo Metal Color 77.657 Gloss Varnish
decals with the help of Micro-Set and Micro-Sol
Vallejo Metal Color 77.657 Gloss Varnish
a wash of self mixed middle dark redish brown grey (quite heavy and then wiped of)
in some areas a very light oil wash of red and blue
Vallejo Model Color Satin Varnish
that's it

Looking good. I really like the way you did the seat belts and will give something like that a go on my PT-17. Looking forward to more.
PS I do remember seeing white instruments with black numbering in the past, but for the life of me I do not remember where. For all I know its back in my basic trades training. I'm old enough that most of the instruments I delt with were still coated in radium which you wont find now. If anyone complains just tell them thats the overhead lights reflecting off the glass making them look white lol.
James

Back