• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 scale Heinkel He 162

Thanks Bob!

I had a bit of a setback on this model...some Tamiya glue was spilled on one of the wings. Damage is not too bad and I hope to sand most of the damage off.

Matrixone

Well Les this is going to be another one of your masterpieces no matter what the setbacks are.

Thanks Paul! My output of finished models for the year will be quite low even though I have built some easy to build models like this He 162 kit, I could never have foreseen such a hot and dry summer like this one and it has kept me away from the workbench.

Matrixone

Thanks Paul! My output of finished models for the year will be quite low even though I have built some easy to build models like this He 162 kit, I could never have foreseen such a hot and dry summer like this one and it has kept me away from the workbench.

Matrixone

Bleh you can say that again...

Yes the weather this summer has affected my desire to do much modeling but I will take this type of weather as much as I can get it, in most years a lot of summer weather here is cool enough to require turning on the heat at night. Its been slightly over three months since any need for turning on the heat...in the thirty years I have been here this has never happened before.

The He 162 wheels (and those for the Messerschmitts) are being weathered now. I am also checking the fit of the canopy clear parts before they are dunked in Future.
The wings are being repaired from the damage done by the glue spill last night, the damage is a little worse than I first thought.

Matrixone

The He 162 project was down but not out, the wings will be able to be saved so work on this model will continue.
Not too much to see just yet, the fuselage seam lines have been sprayed to check for defects and much of the weathering has been done on the wheels.
407528031.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks again Bob!

Ryan,
Sorry to learn of the missing part, maybe a scratch built IP could work...and finish the model with the canopy closed? Sure beats throwing the model out.
I have three of the Dragon He 162 kits and bought them before Tamiya released their version of the He 162, the Tamiya kit looks really good and by all reports I have read its a breeze to put together...unlike the older Dragon kit.

Matrixone

Refound this book in my links, just in case you are interested http://www.historyfacts.biz/en/04_Publikationen/10_HeinkelHe162Volksjaeger.htm
James

(y) (y)
Nice work with the cockpit and the wheels looks great to!
I have 2 Ju 88 from revell and a stuka to, all 1/32..... must just find the courage to start :S
keep up the good job and i hope there will be no more setbacks!
//Mats

Thanks James and bagge

James,
Thanks for posting the info from the He 162 booklet.

bagge,
Still working on the glue damaged wing, the sink marks were easily dealt with putty its the trailing edge that is the real problem.

The wheels were sprayed with a flat clear coat and then some scratches and scuff marks were added to the wheel hubs today, all that's left to do is some precise airbrush work on the tires and the wheels will be finished. :)

Matrixone

Here is the He 162 as it looks like right now, the damage to the wing was repaired and the airframe is pretty much complete and needs the cockpit and wheel well masked off before I can start painting.

This kit really fits together quite nice but there was still a few small areas here and there that needed some putty or Mr. Surfacer to smooth out.

h410206d.JPG

ha42f46d.JPG

h8205162.JPG

Matrixone

Back