• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 scale Heinkel He 162

Sure didn't look like silvering. Nice touch, I'm sure folks will pick up on what it is when they see it Les.

Go man go! :popcorn

Thank you Luiz!

The last of the decals have been put on and the field applied disruptive camouflage pattern has been added.

h866be08.JPG

he376617.JPG

h9a33a8b.JPG

heef2431.JPG

h90c959d.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks very much guys! :)

This He 162 was flown by I./JG 80 and while the He 162 was designed to serve in the role as a fighter it was found it could do the job of ground attack very well. I./JG 80 did not do any interceptor duty like it was intended, instead I./JG 80 was sent to assist II./SG 10 in attacking Soviet ground forces and helped push the Red Army back.
Since the He 162 had no armor protection it had to rely on its camouflage paint, small size, and speed to perform its mission as cover for the Schlactgruppen. The field applied disruptive camouflage paint was very effective while the He 162 was flying at low level and losses were very few compared to the Fw 190F and D-9's flown by the Schlactgruppen.

Matrixone

Thank you James.

Its hard to stay interested in finishing this kit after starting the Meng Me 163 but I did manage to finish painting the aft end of the engine nacelle.

Next up for this model will be attaching the landing gear doors and some weathering. :woohoo:

ha0cd78d.JPG

he331afc.JPG

h00dcc1b.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks again guys!

I just finished with round one of adding dirt and mud splatters, I sat the model aside for now and will return to it later with fresh eyes to determine if more gunk will be needed. The biggest mistake I used to make on my models during weathering was doing it all in one sitting...its soooo easy to go too far on an aircraft model and ruin it, I want my airplanes to look well used but still airworthy.
This one is a bit of a challenge to weather because existing photographs of JG 1 He 162's show them to be well cared for and only slightly used, my model is being finished as an well used He 162 that fought on the Eastern front so that leaves a lot of guesswork on my part on how a really filthy He 162 would look.

Matrixone

You killed this one man. What gauge needle did you use with your airbrush and what type of AB did you use? This is killer and reminiscent of the armor "ambush" disruptive in use at that point of the War too!! Well done.

You killed this one man. What gauge needle did you use with your airbrush and what type of AB did you use? This is killer and reminiscent of the armor "ambush" disruptive in use at that point of the War too!! Well done.
Hahahahaha For years now guys have asked him this Youre in for a shock when you find out its no special airbrush When it comes to Airbrushing I believe Less is just one of the best I have ever seen AN TRUE ARTIST :notworthy

Back