• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 scale Heinkel He 162

Thanks for the kind words! :)

DaneBramage,
I have seven airbrushes, some of them are the more expensive ''detail'' airbrushes and though they are excellent airbrushes I have found the simple low cost Iwata Revolution BR to be ideal for painting scale models, it has a wide performance envelope that can spray mottles on 1/144 scale models all the way up to painting scenery on my airbrushed backdrops. If you are looking for a good all around airbrush consider the Revolution BR.
The disruptive camouflage pattern on this He 162 is really effective, when I take this model outside to get in-progress pictures it blends in quite well against a natural background. The Germans were on to something when they developed the ''Ambush Scheme'' for their armor. :good:

h9308feb.JPG

h2e7bd06.JPG

hb66032d.JPG

hafd9d2c.JPG

Matrixone

Beautiful work!!!
Les I have one question crazy one, what would be Your choice between Revell He-162 (32nd) and Tamiya He-162 (in 48th scale)?

All the best!
Dusan.

Nicely done on the dusting it up. Really looking like its had some rough field experience (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thank you Dusan and James!

Dusan,
I have the Tamiya He 162 kit but have not built one yet, I would say the Tamiya kit is better than the Revell He 162 but not by much...even though the Tamiya kit is the smaller scale it has really good detail. I don't care for the way Revell did the ejection seat, its not nearly as good as it could have been considering the scale.

Matrixone

Dave,
Funny that you would ask that, I have a 1/48 scale Tamiya King Tiger I bought a few years back just for the purpose of painting the Ambush scheme. Sometime next year I plan to build it but before that I will attempt to build a 1/35th scale Tamiya Panther, the Panther will be practice for building the KT.
Armor kits are not my thing and I figure there will be mistakes aplenty. :blush:

Matrixone

The flat clear coat has been sprayed on and some of the small detail painting has started, when the clear coat is 100% dry I will put the clear parts and wheels on it and call it done. :)

he85df6c.JPG

hd0339fa.JPG

h01f2960.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you Ian and Terry!

The last of the weathering effects were done earlier today, when the paint is dry the canopy will be glued on and I will have a brand new dust collector for the shelf. :yipee

Matrixone

This thing is now finished, I wonder how much dust it will collect before I can get outside to get some decent pictures...the clear skies and arctic temps have been replaced by fog and rain, its funny anytime I have new models finished the weather turns sour. :idonno

No, not a model but it is a He 162 that has most of its original RLM 82 over 76 camouflage paint intact, the markings are bogus and were applied postwar.
h92d3435.jpg

he5650e6.jpg

h6f588ad.jpg

Matrixone

Back