• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 scale Heinkel He 162

Thanks James,

This is a very nice kit and well worth building, two small problems with it though. The decals should be replaced by those from EagleCals and the ejection seat in the kit is not very good, there is an aftermarket seat available that is much better.

Matrixone

Yeah I have the resin pit and wheel wells for mine and I just got some Montex masks after seeing yours. I had one done, but it got smashed up in a move.
James

I remember before we left the UK, Wonderland Models (Edinburgh) were selling these at the Nationals for 9.99GBP ($16.25USD). Really should have got one just for the 'What If' potential !! - Really coming together, Les.

Ian

Ian,
I bought my He 162 kits years ago when they first came out, they were very cheap then. I have to wonder how Revell can produce such a good (but not perfect) 1/32 scale kit at such a low price? If Revell can do it I think others could do it as well if they wanted to. ;)

Matrixone

Thanks guys,

Earlier today I mixed up some RLM 81 and sprayed the engine nacelle, while I was at it I did a little color modulation with it being more of a green tint on the top and slightly more dark brown towards the bottom. I should have pics posted Thursday.

Matrixone

Here is the engine nacelle after painting it RLM 81. The gloss of the paint makes it difficult to see the color modulation but its there. ;)

hcb58e12.JPG

h2024033.JPG

h4b57ee3.JPG

I converted this image to black and white to show how the lighter RLM 82 green looks much darker in black and white just like the photographs of the full size He 162s.
h63d311f.JPG

Matrixone

I will be making a few aged black and white images of the finished model and will include them in my airfield style pictures. :cheer:

Matrixone

The yellow tactical markings have been painted on...an hour of masking for a two minute spray job. :gogo

hda1b746.JPG

hc46af12.JPG

Matrixone

Oh that really 'lifts' it. No chance of a Jg54 style yellow fuselage band ?? (Just teasing, Les :coolio ).

Ian

Ian,
This might be a JG 80 bird, not a typo...JG 80 was a real unit that was being formed at the same time as the first He 162's were being delivered to the Luftwaffe. Of course the end of the war prevented JG 80 from ever becoming a reality but its still interesting to see what might have been if the war had lasted a bit longer.

Matrixone

Another update on this model, it has been given a coat of Future and the decals are being put on, I have yet to add a lot of the small stencil decals.
After all the markings are on I will complete the camouflage painting, this He 162 had some field applied camouflage sprayed on it. ;)

he8dfd11.JPG

hf42c29e.JPG

h0efecd9.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks James!

BTW, the light colored patch behind the 'yellow 24' is not a case of bad decal silvering its just some RLM 02 that was quickly sprayed on the fuselage to cover up a previous number after it was transferred to I./JG 80.

Matrixone

Back