• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 P-51B Mustang for my Dad

h33b14d1.JPG

Flat Black.

Thanks Guys!
My stumbling block is the markings & gun sight. The kit sight is a sham. I can't close the cockpit up until a K-14-ish looking gun sight is in there. Then two, the 1968 Revell box art shows Shangri-La with a white stripe on the vertical stab & rudder. Reference photos do not support the box art.
:hmmm
What to do.
I appreciate all your encouragement!
:notworthy
:salute
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

ETO Stripes was what they were called, not sure when they were mandated or when Shangri-La was flying. Google not giving me any love and i'm on hotel wifi tonight.

h7cd8c6b.JPG

Since the airbrush was loaded with flat red today any anyway, I shot Papa's mustang's spinner.

I didn't forget you, Dad!

Getting some mileage out of that cup of red. :frantic

I'll finish the base this weekend.
:good:

SWEET! My Dad has NO Idea what this going on. He favors the slightly less speedy D-model P-51.
He's gonna be impressed. OR! He won't.
Spinner needs a second coat. It will be dandy!

he7b0f64.JPG

So, here's the hold-up. I needed some kind of a gun sight to put in Dad's Mustang before I closed up the cockpit.
I couldn't find the part I made! After quite a hunt, which involved a whole bunch of cleaning of my modellwerkplatz, I found it under the master for one of upcoming my TLAR kits! :facepalm

Paint this black, pick out the pad & knobs, add a clear reflector plate, and it should be gun-sight-ish enough to fill a space where SOMETHING should go. After that, Dad's Mustang should move right along! :yipee

Thanks for looking in!

Cleaning my bench usually releases the gremlins, sending :zen .

Good to see you back on this. :good:

Nice sight (y)

Someday I will look at this post and there will be a finished product at the end :D

Cheers, Christian B)

Yes, Men. Yes there will be a finished Mustang one day!

hc9d52f9.JPG

Gun sight installed. I did the reflector early this morning while Model Mojo was flowing, with perhaps not the steadiest hands. I cut anther reflector s it looks "Just So" for my Papa!

hcb83879.JPG

Masking. Canopy going on! More purty colors soon! The stock rearview mirror looked silly, so I modified it.

Thanks for stopping by, y'all!

Back