• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 P-51B Mustang for my Dad

100_2844.JPG

Portside sanded-off details replaced! I twisted the screw heads just a bit to add interest. I sanded fewer of the dzus fasteners off on the Starbord cowling. Don't want ol' Shangri-La looking too tidy. I doubt She'll be appearing at SurgiCon 23. I don't do "pressure" or "deadline" when I model.
Thanks for looking in, Men!!

100_2864.JPG

The best technique for applying the resin decal details is similar to putting decals on 1/700 Aircraft. Drop of water on the model, drop the decal in it, slide, dab, then Solvaset. Voila!!
100_2865.JPG

Kit propeller, filled & sanded.
That's all for tonite!
Thanks for looking in!
:notworthy :salute :eek:ldguy :pilot

100_2971.JPG

I would think my Papa would display his big Mustang, mostly with the cowling cover off. So I had to do something to make the engine more interesting. I won't go on and on about how much I like these Archer resin decals parts. I'm having a very fine time applying them! :yipee :drool
100_2974.JPG

Gary mentioned "Rivets" when I started this poor old kit, and HE WAS RIGHT!! I sanded some off, so I MUST put them back!
100_2975.JPG

I measure, then figure out how many decal parts to put back on. I hit me, that I've become the sort of modeler I've disdained for many moons. Yes, My Brothers. I've evolved into a Rivet-Counter!! :bat :tomato Holly Shiite!!!
ZORN! What a World!! :bang head Say a prayer for me, Pleases?!? :zen

You're gonna turn into a mad riveter yet Chris. Still better than a French blind date... (y)

Keep plugging my friend (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

100_2993.JPG

I took a little time to model. We had a death in our family, and I needed to busy my brain with something else. :salute
SOOO... Sturgill Simpson and I put on the rest of the Archer resin decal details, and did bit o' wee drillin'.

Sorry for your loss Chris. :zen

Model looking good, you're doing better than me, I haven't hit the bench in two weeks.

My Uncle Gene (in the front office of the Phantom II) meant an awful lot to me. :love :( :love
IMG_4994.JPG

We tried on a couple of Blue Angels at NAS Pensacola the last time I visited him. He was the kind of Uncle that was always there when I needed him for anything. He was an instinctive bull-shitter, and natural salesman and a fiercely proud Father/Grandpa. :salute :salute
Thank you Men for your condolences.

My Uncle Gene (in the front office of the Phantom II) meant an awful lot to me. :love :( :love
IMG_4994.JPG

We tried on a couple of Blue Angels at NAS Pensacola the last time I visited him. He was the kind of Uncle that was always there when I needed him for anything. He was an instinctive bull-shitter, and natural salesman and a fiercely proud Father/Grandpa. :salute :salute
Thank you Men for your condolences.

I had an uncle like that in my early years . Departed way too soon :(

Christian
salute~0.gif

My condolences Chris and I'm glad to see you had such a great memory in Pensacola. I have also been to that same museum and sat in that same aircraft cockpit. The work you've done on that Mustang is sensational; thank goodness this hobby was there for you to help channel your grief.

Stay strong; my prayers are with you.

100_3043.JPG

100_3044.JPG

Riveting Progress! :rotf Mostly done and almost ready to paint. If you bump these resin decals I've found they DO come off. Care must be taken! As I expected, I did break off the spindly tail wheel strut. I'll gin me one up from brass tube.
100_3045.JPG

The under cowling detail popped right out with w little Old Silver floquil dry-brushing. :yipee

Back