• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/32 P-51B Mustang for my Dad

Vroom, vroom! :pilot

Rage-well-done.png

:drinks

100_2675.JPG

100_2677.JPG

The Big Mustang's fuselage is most meticulously all glued up! The gray Polish styrene responds well to Tenax 7R!
100_2674.JPG

It proved necessary to dremel/recess the cowling cover to make room for my aftermarket Rolls Royce rocker covers. It's worth it. A teeny bit of polish for the old Turd!
100_2676.JPG

The inexorable filling of sink marks and seams is underway. I've only flown Shangri-La a teeny bit. I didn't want Deb to catch me! She already calls me her "Giant Child". I make no excuse. :stinker "Nyeth Nyear!" :rotf
Thanks for looking in!!

"She already calls me her "Giant Child". I make no excuse. :stinker "Nyeth Nyear!" :rotf"

Join the club, it's required. Nice work!! Gary S.

100_2678.JPG

Yup. Fill/Sand Fill/Sand. No cussing, just deal with it. Papa's gonna be proud!
100_2679.JPG

I did get the horrible seam out of the cowling framework. Oddly, the kit cowling cover is just one piece. I'm not planning to dick with it any more than is necessary. She is ALL that is Classic Mustang! :bang head :stinker :gogo :bat

100_2827.JPG

100_2826.JPG

Wing attached, restored scribing on the sanded fuselage joints. The fit of the top wing root join was better than I expected! :good: I bought some of Archer Fine Transfers decal rivets to restore the missing raised detail.
Liquid glue and the approved "Schmush-flex, schmush-flex" filled almost all the gap. Not so fortunate on the underside. Old-school bits of evergreen plastic card. FUN! :pilot

Looking pretty good there sailor :coolio You're really putting in a lot of work on this one (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

It's beginning to look a lot like a Mustang!
100_2829.JPG

100_2830.JPG

100_2831.JPG

Now begins the tedium of filling gaps, finding creative ways to sand it smooth, and replacing the lost rivets! :bang head :gogo :drinks

Thanks Mike, for turning me on Archer's stuff. Buy Stock! I may need a whole but-laod of it!!

Glad I could help. Chris has a method of smoothing filler without sanding, maybe you can get him to share?

Rock on, brother, Surgicon is only weeks away. :ro:

I haven't posted many pictures of late. The infinitesimal process of filling & sanding :bang head lots of small imperfections makes for boring pictures, one would think. :pp
100_2839.JPG

100_2840.JPG

100_2841.JPG

Archer Fine Transfers resin decal rivets begin to replace the lost kit details. They snuggle down just fine with Solvaset! :yipee
Watching the Archer Tutorial video is well advised! :good:

I will confess to you Men that I resist the "Bigger Better Deal". I prefer using techniques and materials I've used before, and hesitate to spend on the untried. I'm contrary like that. At times to my own detriment.
100_2842.JPG

The Archer resin details were $18.00. Mike swears by them, but given my personality flaws, I was skeptical.
These are FUN to use!! Clip, dip, slide. EASY! I love to decal. Now I get to do some decaling BEFORE I paint.
:ro: :yipee :ro: :yipee :ro: :yipee
Even the eldest Rhino can still evolve!

Back