• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Restore Raised Panel line

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
On the Bell X1 I have some sanding that will wipe out some of the raised detail. I did it on the Voo Doo a while back but it didn't look that good and these panel lines seem to be more fine.

any suggestions on how to restore a raised panel line?

splice in some stretched sprue.

Exactly! Yet, to go into more detail... scribe the panel line deep enough to countersink the stretched sprue (I buy the thinnest rod I can for consistency) and it keeps it straight as well!.

Regards,

Alternately sand it all down and then scribe in the panels. Looks better in the long run than raised.
James

Alternately sand it all down and then scribe in the panels. Looks better in the long run than raised.
James

James, sorry but I have to ... :stinker this idea. I tried that once on the Hustler, granted problably wrong subject to rescribe but I vowed not to try it again.

:drinks

Not too good on the stretched sprue but I like the countersink idea. Raining here today so good chance for a marathon session today. :drinks

I have a 1/24 Harrier.....its something i picked up years ago but it has raised lines and i just cant face the sanding and re scribing but i know its the only way......one day :)

I'll second James on the rescribe.

Then again, the countersink method would work perfect. :hmmm

What scale is this bird?

Well Bob if it was me. I would want to rescribe but it is possible to go to your
lhs and purchase some fine sprue. Scribe missed up section and glue sprue in place.

Easier than trying to make your own sprue .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back