• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Promodeler 1/48 Ju 52 FINISHED !

Thanks guys, I was hoping to get some outdoor shots this today but it doesn't look like the sun is going to cooperate, I still need to get a bottom shot. With my luck the past two days I didn't want to risk breaking something last night.

That's a beaut, Gary! Very nice work on the stencils- I would never had guessed they weren't decals. :drinks

Thanks again guys, Adam the aircraft had a span of 97' in round numbers so just a little over 24" in 1/48, yep eats up a lot of shelf space, probably why you don't see a lot of the built which is a shame because it really is a nice kit !

Really nice paint job Gary! :good:

For these bigger models try taking pictures of them outside, this way you will have plenty of elbow room and the lighting will be near perfect.

Matrixone

Les, I want to do some outdoor shots, unfortunately it has either been raining or too windy since I finished, supposed to be better near the end of the week. I also don't have a clear shot of sky to use as a back drop, trees in every direction.

Gary,
I fully understand the problem with the wet and windy weather! :laugh:

Even if you don't have a clear view of the sky some simple backdrops made out of neutral colored poster paper would work just fine.
What I use for taking pictures of my models outdoors is a cheap folding card table and a backdrop leaning against a wooden folding stepstool. For the airfield style pictures that I often take of the finished models I use a photobase and set it down on the folding card table and then choose whichever backdrop to use and prop it against the stepstool and start taking pictures, the way I do it is far from perfect but it gets the job done in a short amount of time plus everything I use for taking pictures is easy to store and does not take up much space. :good:

Matrixone

OK, here are a few photos taken in natural light. All the time I was setting up I had a nice light cloud cover to keep the shadows down and as soon as I got ready to shoot a big hole in the sky opened up. Anyway they are what they are.

52-b39.jpg

52-b40.jpg

52-b41.jpg

I ran into a weird problem when I went to reduce the images, on shots where the corrugations in the photo ran straight front to back I got an interference pattern that made the corrugations look wavy or bent, as long as the shot was at an angle, it was OK. Not ever had that happen before.

52-b42.jpg

52-b43.jpg

52-b44.jpg

52-b45.jpg

52-b46.jpg

52-b47.jpg

52-b48.jpg

Back