• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Point Du Hoc

Trouser Work

I’m now down to the closing portions of these figures, always working from top to bottom. The trousers will need to be much darker than the shirts while not getting too carried away with the highlights.

I have blended the oils to create a dark Olive Drab tone to work over the acrylic base color. I need to keep in mind that too much highlights will cause the tones to drift into the shirt tones. We know from historical photos and clothing articles from the era that the trousers were much darker than the shirts and jackets.

_DSC0524b1-vi.jpg
_DSC0528b-vi.jpg

However, as you can see from the standing figure that glare can play tricks on your eyes if you don’t pay close attention to the shade of tones being put down. The Capt. Figure has the correct tone I’m looking for, whereas the other two are slowly coming in line to that same tone. They are just in the 2nd and 3rd phase of the process.

_DSC0530b-vi.jpg
_DSC0532b-vi.jpg

Still a lot of brush work to do, but in a few days, I’ll be working the legging and boots and handle any touch-ups.

More to follow soon and thanks for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

Finalizing the Figures

Capt. Walt, SSgt. Bruce, and Cpl. Luke are just about ready to be mounted on the cliff. The figures have been completed minus some touch-ups on the brass and anything else that I might have missed. This has been a fun set to work with from start to finish. These figures are really well sculpted and that always makes for a fun build.

I’m really getting a kick out of Cpl. Luke’s facial expression, he’s looking a bit nervous, HA! Don’t worry, Luke, Sarge won’t let ya down, he’s always got your back!

_DSC0534b-vi.jpg
_DSC0536b-vi.jpg
_DSC0540b-vi.jpg

The cliff section is in the painting process right now and will be mounted on a nice wood base stained and lacquered. We are almost done with this fine vignette.

Final pics will be posted soon and thanks for following along, it’s been a fun build.

Cheers, Ski.

Point Du Hoc

RM1602, US Rangers, Point Du Hoc, vignette from Reedees Miniatures in 1/16th scale. These resin figures and base were created and sculpted by Steve Reedees. This set can be found at: https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesminiatures/figuresaccessories/116-120mm

All three resin figures were painted in oils over an acrylic base. The sculpting is superb in detail and required minimal clean-up. This set was another, among many from Reedee’s Miniatures, that was just a lot of fun to paint.

_DSC2-vi.jpg
_DSC002-vi.jpg

_DSC003-vi.jpg
_DSC5-vi.jpg

_DSC005-vi.jpg
_DSC006b-vi.jpg

_DSC8-vi.jpg
_DSC009-vi.jpg

_DSC010-vi.jpg
_DSC14-vi.jpg

_DSC13-vi.jpg
_DSC013-vi.jpg