• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pigeonry

reconron

Pigeonry?...yep,pigeonry!

This has nothing to do with any of the (great) Campaigns we have around here on M.A.
Just a little part of an inbetween little fun project,so I just show it here for the time being.

The kit comes from the Czech manufactor Plus Model,they have all sorts of diorama or vignette intended stuff.

The kit parts go together rather nicely after some cutting and sanding the resin.
So you can concentrate most of your time on painting and weathering. :good:

Heavy weathering,fungus and moss included...

h5fbc23d.JPG

hc5fd8ce.JPG

hbc1a429.JPG

hc1bbb8b.JPG

h03d619b.JPG

h78719a7.JPG

hb8d89b1.JPG

h5307023.JPG

Comments welcome...maybe even;Ron you stink! :laugh:

Gr,Ron.

Ok bird brain, Whutchya gonna do fer a rat with wings ta go with it? :unsure: :hmmm Nice weathering on this :drool

Krokey would be proud of you, Ron. Nice work!! (y)

Proost!

:drinks

(Croky is the name of the "flying rat" on my shoulder in my profile photo)

Ha ha ha! You and Glenn are indirectly to blame for this one.
Still have to collect some more goodies to execute the idea that you guys have planted in my head. :D

emoticons-incredimail-pets_-_kopie.jpg

Excellent weathered wood effect.

Nice droppings too. I guess when it's put in a dio you can really pile it up underneath.

Very cool Ron. Nice weathering (y) (y)

Where are you gonna find birds small enough for that thing ?

Cheer's Christian B)

Nice weathering and attention to detail with the addition of the bird droppings. You could really make a vignette out of just this kit and perhaps a cat at the base with a few feathers in it's mouth.:)

Cheers,
James

Cheer's Christian B)

Hey Christian,nice that you dropped by!... But I guess this is Flying Things related some how. :laugh:

There is a model company called Mantis that also does 1/35 scale animals,birds included.
Ofcourse you can sculpt animals your self,but I sure am not that talented as Luc Klinkers,tho he's a fine mentor in sculpting figures.

Gr,Ron.

Nice weathering and attention to detail with the addition of the bird droppings. You could really make a vignette out of just this kit and perhaps a cat at the base with a few feathers in it's mouth.:)

Cheers,
James

Ooh the horror!..Nice idea non the less,James. :good:

The pigeon droppings are done with genuine pigments (don't use pastel chalk for it,it doesn't build up for a 3 D effect)and a bit of enamel thinner.

Gr,Ron.

Cheer's Christian B)

Hey Christian,nice that you dropped by!... But I guess this is Flying Things related some how. :laugh:

There is a model company called Mantis that also does 1/35 scale animals,birds included.
Ofcourse you can sculpt animals your self,but I sure am not that talented as Luc Klinkers,tho he's a fine mentor in sculpting figures.

Gr,Ron.

HAHAHA ,it has to do with flying thingies .

I do get distracted by other builds now and then if it seems to take imagination :coolio , even though I don't get interested in what ifs :idonno

I look at more things than you realize > Responding takes more time and that takes up my modeling time . As if I was not slow enough as is :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Cheers,
James

Ooh the horror!..Nice idea non the less,James. :good:

The pigeon droppings are done with genuine pigments (don't use pastel chalk for it,it doesn't build up for a 3 D effect)and a bit of enamel thinner.

Gr,Ron.

When you say genuine pigments ...... sounds like your saying the real thing ..... :woohoo:

Cheer's Christian B)

Gr,Ron.

HAHAHA ,it has to do with flying thingies .

I do get distracted by other builds now and then if it seems to take imagination :coolio , even though I don't get interested in what ifs :idonno

I look at more things than you realize > Responding takes more time and that takes up my modeling time . As if I was not slow enough as is :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

:rotf :rotf

When you say genuine pigments ...... sounds like your saying the real thing ..... :woohoo:

Yeah sure,sometimes I use pigments from the well known brands like MIG Productions,AK Interactive and so on...but..you can save yourself some money if you can get pigments from the Art Supply Hobby Shop.

With genuine Pigments I mean the powder pigments that you can use with linseed oil to make paint.(just like artists like Rembrandt did,when paint wasn't available in tubes and jars)

As alternative for genuine pigments you could use Grinded Pastel Chalks,however genuine pigments are more superiour compared to Pastel Chalk.
Having said that,check out Terry's (Mr T) threads to see some great results by using Pastel Chalk. :good:

Gr,Ron.

Back