• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pigeonry

When you say genuine pigments ...... sounds like your saying the real thing ..... :woohoo:

Yeah sure,sometimes I use pigments from the well known brands like MIG Productions,AK Interactive and so on...but..you can save yourself some money if you can get pigments from the Art Supply Hobby Shop.

With genuine Pigments I mean the powder pigments that you can use with linseed oil to make paint.(just like artists like Rembrandt did,when paint wasn't available in tubes and jars)

As alternative for genuine pigments you could use Grinded Pastel Chalks,however genuine pigments are more superiour compared to Pastel Chalk.
Having said that,check out Terry's (Mr T) threads to see some great results by using Pastel Chalk. :good:

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron for the clarification ..... I was scared for a bit .... :eek:ldguy

When you say genuine pigments ...... sounds like your saying the real thing ..... :woohoo:

Yeah sure,sometimes I use pigments from the well known brands like MIG Productions,AK Interactive and so on...but..you can save yourself some money if you can get pigments from the Art Supply Hobby Shop.

With genuine Pigments I mean the powder pigments that you can use with linseed oil to make paint.(just like artists like Rembrandt did,when paint wasn't available in tubes and jars)

As alternative for genuine pigments you could use Grinded Pastel Chalks,however genuine pigments are more superiour compared to Pastel Chalk.
Having said that,check out Terry's (Mr T) threads to see some great results by using Pastel Chalk. :good:

Gr,Ron.

Thanks Ron for the clarification ..... I was scared for a bit .... :eek:ldguy

Will have to check out Terry's threads since I've got alot of pastel chalks & always interested in what all can be done with them...

Back