• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Photo Backdrops

nerdling

So for the longest time I've just been using a white posterboard for my backdrop. It really isn't the greatest thing to use. The pictures always seem to get quite a bit of glare as well as being washed out. I've been tempted to go down to the fabric store and look around for a replacement. Is there a type of fabric that works better than others. I was probably just going to go with a cheap blue kind but just wanted to see what everybody uses.

I sometimes use a tabletop photo studio,it's got a blue background.
Maybe something you could use?

tabletop-photo-studio.jpg

Greetings,Ron.

Where are the penguin lamps Ron? :)
I always mess up when taking pics, maybe someone here can make a sbs for us to get a better result!
Greetings Mats

Where are the penguin lamps Ron? :)

They are pretty cool,but useless to take good pictures. :laugh:

Nothing beats taking pictures outside in natural daylight in my opinion.

@ MP:cleaning up?...no,doesn't ring a bell. :D

Greetings,Ron.

We suppose to use a backdrop? If that's so, how you know if I've cleaned up or not?

Yeah Bob, I'm kind of confused on this cleaned up workbench. What is that exactly. I have a dedicated 2 inch square to work with lol. Anymore space and model parts will just walk away from me.

Thanks for that photo Ron. I was considering something like that but most reviews I've seen don't look to good.

Ask someone who's photos you like. I am sure they won't mind sharing that information.

Regards,

LOL, I didn't mean ME!

Yes, it is the cheapest fabric I found at JoAnn's with a not too coarse weave.

Regards,

LOL, I didn't mean ME!

Yes, it is the cheapest fabric I found at JoAnn's with a not too coarse weave.

Regards,

Well at this point in time Saul everybody is more of an expert at taking photos then me lol. All I can figure out is how to turn it on and click a button :rotf

Well I went to the small fabric store here in town(the only fabric store) What they had was way to spendy for what I need. When I finally did find something I was unable to find anybody that actually worked there. So after I waited for 15 minutes without seeing another person in the store I put it back and left. Bad thing is the fact that I can find stuff on Ebay for cheaper and that is including shipping. Will go that route to try it out for now.

For what it is worth, I use a dark grey heavy card stock used to Matt artwork for framing. I have this curved up against the wall so I have a infinite horizon. I light it with three lamps with diffusing film over the front of the lamps.

Back