• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pfalz IIIa

Looking good, James! Makes me think of a bluebird!

http://www.squidoo.com/zip-a-dee-doo-dah

You NEVER see this movie anywhere!

Is the top wing solid like the Pup was? I was scared that the struts and wing would be misaligned but WnW sure does their homework in the engineering dept!

Looking good James!

Thanks Bob. Yes it is solid. Just hope everything holds up. Really moving now, except for the markings.
James

Guns are done. Only got 1 good pic though.

guns.jpg

Tomorrow to attach the rudder and aelerons, then paint the doo dads, then touchups. Maybe might attach wing while I wait for decals. Dont know yet.
James

Looking good James, you haven't mentioned anything about the rigging, is there any rigging on this?

Thanks everyone. The guns are lightly dry brushed in gun metal for a metally look. Then ground pencil lead for the oily gun look. Doesnt show up well though in pic. Yes Bob there is rigging. Not looking forward to it, but will try.

Thanks everyone. The guns are lightly dry brushed in gun metal for a metally look. Then ground pencil lead for the oily gun look. Doesnt show up well though in pic. Yes Bob there is rigging. Not looking forward to it, but will try.

James I found it tedious but fun at the same time.. :huh: When you get one that looks just right, you'll know what I mean. Did you get some Bob's Buckles?

James I found it tedious but fun at the same time.. :huh: When you get one that looks just right, you'll know what I mean. Did you get some Bob's Buckles?

But of course. I was the one who turned you on to them, I think it was a dare :D
James

Okay control surfaces added. Some touch ups. Evidently more needed. Decals on prop. Top wing being finished off.

DSC02463.JPG

DSC02462.JPG

DSC02461.JPG

Need to paint cockpit coaming. Gloss coat and wait for decals.
James

Bit more. Still some touch ups to do. Still no word on decals. I guess this will be shelved for a while pending my getting markings. Most little doo dads are on. Once marked up and touch ups complete I can weather it a bit.

DSC02468.JPG

DSC02467.JPG

DSC02466.JPG

And a sleepy kitty

DSC02464.JPG

James

Back