• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pfalz IIIa

So I've been lamenting the lose of the weekends painting today due to a broken airbrush. Worked on the guns and painted the prop boss. Reading the forums and one of the threads tweaked my mind. What airbrushes do you use. Well My new Badger Velocity Rage is my fave and hors de combat. My Tamiya hg is dead. I have a German one that is for very fine work. And a Paasche. Well thinks I what was the problem with the paasche. Its really only good for big areas. Dont I have a big area to paint? Yes I do . Doh!!

So here you go. 2nd colour on. Tomorrow or next day will paint the red.

Prop boss

DSC02446.JPG

DSC02445.JPG

DSC02444.JPG

And checked by QA

DSC02447.JPG

James

That prop is the bomb! Or is the bomb a prop? :blink Looking fantastic, James!! Happy Thanksgiving! (y)

Crikey my cat has teleported it's self onto your table :eek:hmy: .
I knew she was evil. :evil:

.Kurt.

I showed Lynx your post. Dont think he liked being called a girl :laugh: He and Georgia are like our kids, and got us wrapped around their little paws too :D

James

Bit of dry fitting. Some touch ups and detail painting tonight then a gloss coat ready for when the decals arrive.

DSC02453.JPG

DSC02452.JPG

James

Woah! Where's me shades :laugh: I don't normally do WWI but I do like that plane - I have an Eduard 1/48 dual combo in the stash kindly given to me by Ultra Hog - I just need some courage to build them ;)

Okay a bit of painting. Dry fit of exhaust and glued the struts to the bottom wing. Have top in place to ensure alignment. Man does the top wing add weight. Have more touch ups where I cut wing from sprue and struts from sprue.
My thread came in from WNW but the decals where not there. Waiting for a reply from them.

DSC02457.JPG

DSC02456.JPG

DSC02455.JPG

James

Is the top wing solid like the Pup was? I was scared that the struts and wing would be misaligned but WnW sure does their homework in the engineering dept!

Looking good James!

Back