• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy DONE!!!

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Which scheme are you going for?

h6949a40.jpg

Regards,

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Laid down some OD GREEN on her. will post pics later on, probably in the morning since I may lose power with the storm that's dumpin' rain upon us right now!

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Well, we got some rain outta this storm but, didn't lose power! :dance :drinks Will get pics in the mornin' :drinks

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Broke out da Future this mornin' so, canopy is now drying (along with the IL-2's) and will let them sit for a day or two before I go to messin' with them... :frantic
ANyhow, here's some pics fer all y'all (y)

h415d07c.JPG

h514c6fa.JPG

hadcd8fd.JPG

ha69b3d6.JPG

hc81342f.JPG

THe paint guide is just that. A guide! No color reference what-so-ever! I've been using Testors Square bottle enamels Lt. Gray for the belly, Flat Brown & Flat Olive Drab on the upper...

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Ed,

Try one of the decals on a spare kit or test item. I found Academy decals to be hit or miss depending where they were printed. If they are not good, I'll be glad to send you a set from the Flying Tigers. It should be no surprise I have plenty to spare!

Regards,

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Ed,

Try one of the decals on a spare kit or test item. I found Academy decals to be hit or miss depending where they were printed. If they are not good, I'll be glad to send you a set from the Flying Tigers. It should be no surprise I have plenty to spare!

Regards,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be ready for decals soon. Gonna go over the belly again & when dry/cured I'll give it a shot & will get back to ya. :drinks

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Remember its Academy decals they usualy want some micro sol and set - at least the kits I have builds want it

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Got another coat of Lt. gray on the belly yesterday & landing gear assembled :dance I'll check it ina bit to see if it's ready to take a decal or two... :hmmm

Back