• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy DONE!!!

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

I am calling this DONE!!!!

Just needta add the drop tank and, touch up the paint a tad bit. :drinks

h446b0c3.JPG

h10de673.JPG

h756d827.JPG

h9ffb7d9.JPG

h02d4719.JPG

h90a5219.JPG

Thanks for following along with this here build! (y)

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Post it up on the Completion thread and I'll add your ribbon. (y)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/warhawks-on-the-war-path/149885-warhawks-on-the-war-path-completion

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Brush strokes are still pretty heavy, I couldn't find those post about brush painting. What I remember was it pretty much have to be as thin as it would be for airbrushing.

Hmmm, ok thanks Bob.I'm still learnin' so, be gentle wit me :frantic I'll keep that in mind about thinning it some more...

What you want to do and is use a retarder so that you have time to brush the brush marks out of the paint before it sets......you don't want the paint to run off on the floor that you wanted to level itself before it dries that way the brush marks should level out before it dries ....... I sent you some acrylic ..... So you could see the difference from enamel ....... Acrylic much easier to work with ....... :eek:ldguy

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Brush strokes are still pretty heavy, I couldn't find those post about brush painting. What I remember was it pretty much have to be as thin as it would be for airbrushing.

Hmmm, ok thanks Bob.I'm still learnin' so, be gentle wit me :frantic I'll keep that in mind about thinning it some more...

What you want to do and is use a retarder so that you have time to brush the brush marks out of the paint before it sets......you don't want the paint to run off on the floor that you wanted to level itself before it dries that way the brush marks should level out before it dries ....... I sent you some acrylic ..... So you could see the difference from enamel ....... Acrylic much easier to work with ....... :eek:ldguy

Yeah, I'm waitin' on some stuff right now that'll work with the acrylics which should help with that problem. One thing with them is, they have a hard time sticking to the plastic... sometimes even when I primer it :frantic

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Use blue dawn ......I used some citadel skull white which worked very well but also very pricy ..... :eek:ldguy

Back