• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy DONE!!!

Hippy Ed

Ok fellas, this kit somehow landed upon my work bench at 0200h this morning and will be done up oob.

he212c40.JPG

And here's some in progress pics

hcecd500.JPG

h67c2d66.JPG

Gotta say this is all SAUL's fault!!! :evil:

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Beware the Academy kit's lack of Dihedral when you join the wings! :frantic Fine for a Hurricane, NSM for the Hawk 81-A!

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Beware the Academy kit's lack of Dihedral when you join the wings! :frantic Fine for a Hurricane, NSM for the Hawk 81-A!

Got that covered! Once I get to that point,I'm gonna tape the tips up for a spell :evil: Or perhaps, suspend it by the tips & add some weight to the center? :hmmm

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Yup, built one of these long ago . Not a great kit at all.

The new Airfix one looks much nicer . :) Landed in my closet after the last club raffle :facepalm

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

Yup, built one of these long ago . Not a great kit at all.

The new Airfix one looks much nicer . :) Landed in my closet after the last club raffle :facepalm

I've had this one for some time now & figgered it would be a quick build. So far, I've got the fuselage all buttoned up! (y)

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

He's an instigator fer sure.

:coolio :popcorn
More like paitiant zero or in his case Patient teeth

Go fer this one you mad man :popcorn

Takes One to Know one ..... :rotf ..... watching Ed .... :popcorn

:evil: :eek:hyeah :eek:hyeah :eek:ldguy

I was firing a shot across Daves' Bow .... :tomato ..... Not U-rine ..... :facepalm

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

He's an instigator fer sure.

:coolio :popcorn
More like paitiant zero or in his case Patient teeth

Go fer this one you mad man :popcorn

Takes One to Know one ..... :rotf ..... watching Ed .... :popcorn

:evil: :eek:hyeah :eek:hyeah :eek:ldguy

I was firing a shot across Daves' Bow .... :tomato ..... Not U-rine ..... :facepalm

:rotf :rotf I know dat :eek:ldguy :bat

P-40B/C 1/72 Academy

I had to glue the nose cone in place thus, the prop wont be able to spin. :facepalm Did some putty work as well but, so far this has been afun build.

Back